Low cost investing

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Low cost investing

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

I have started development of an article on Low cost investing - finiki

Contributions welcome. If you don't feel like editing the text yourself, I will consider including text suggestions made here.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
optionable68
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: Low cost investing

Post by optionable68 »

Peculiar_Investor wrote:I have started development of an article on Low cost investing - finiki

Contributions welcome. If you don't feel like editing the text yourself, I will consider including text suggestions made here.
How about edits ?

"A wise brokerage choose has the potential to save hundreds of dollars a year."

(Same for "Low Cost Banking")
3-time winner of FWF Annual Stock Market Predictions contest
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

Thanks, fixed both. Cut-and-paste error.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
George$
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by George$ »

Wasn't sure where to best post this article in today's Globe & Mail Investor Clinic - by John Heinzl
Understanding MERs, management fees and other costs
It starts with -
What’s the difference between a management fee and management expense ratio (MER), or are these just different terms for the same thing?

No, the management fee and MER are not the same. This has long been a source of confusion for investors, and the uneven disclosure of some mutual fund and ETF providers hasn’t helped
- and he explains how to dig out the TER in your fund or ETF (Trading Expense Ratio)

In addition there is his Video: How to find the true yield of your dividend ETF
“The search for truth is more precious than its possession.” Albert Einstein