TD Direct Investing (was Waterhouse) Service

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
newguy
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: TD Waterhouse Service

Post by newguy »

I don't get drips and was paid my dividends. I didn't see any of this on any of my other X?B holdings. It didn't cost me anything.
tdxsb.JPG

Code: Select all

Jan statement
09/12/31 700 ISHARES CDN DEX ST BD ETF TXPDDV 209.25
and then on Feb's statement
10/01/08 700 ISHARES CDN DEX ST BD ETF TXPDDV 50.26(credit)
10/01/08 ISHARES CDN DEX ST BD ETF DRIP 50.26(debit)
What's up with that?

newguy

add: same thing in gf's acct.
Bylo Selhi
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Bylo Selhi »

newguy wrote:What's up with that?
It's not a DRIP. It's an RD.
Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity and prolixity.
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

What's up with that?
2009 XSB re-invested distribution per unit = 0.07180 ( x 700 shares = 50.26).

Don't forget to add it to your cost base for tax purposes.

ltr
newguy
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by newguy »

Bylo Selhi wrote:
newguy wrote:What's up with that?
It's not a DRIP. It's an RD.
Thanks, I checked the ishares site but must have missed it. I found it under 2009 (posted Feb 25th 2010 at TD). It's an rrsp so no biggie. I wonder why there's nothing for XBB or XLB? If anyones interested the Q1 distributions are posted.

newguy
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

Starting to get very frustrated with TDW today. It is not possible to get an online quote on Corporate bonds. I've tried calling the President's Account line, they are aware of the problem and cannot provide an ETA for resolution. Of course, there are many useless messages in the Message Centre, but nothing about a basic service being unavailable. :(
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Peculiar_Investor wrote:Starting to get very frustrated with TDW today. It is not possible to get an online quote on Corporate bonds. I've tried calling the President's Account line, they are aware of the problem and cannot provide an ETA for resolution. Of course, there are many useless messages in the Message Centre, but nothing about a basic service being unavailable. :(
Maybe there is some hope after all. This appeared this morning,
WebBroker website wrote:While system enhancements are being installed, the TD Waterhouse Canada Fixed Income Centre system is currently unavailable.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
vince2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vince2 »

TDW's bond section has been a mite troubled of late - last week I put in an order for 3 different bonds and the afternoon got a message back that one had been rejected - I nearly fell off my chair - no explanation, nada , zippo and so I phoned them. The bonddesk eventually replies and they look through my orders and say that they are sorry but they had mispriced it and consequently had to reject it. However, if I wanted to buy some now, it would be available.

So, I pointed out that it would be helpful if they had put a code next to it to explain why it had been rejected, and while I had them on the phone, that it seemed rather pointless to email me when they had an offering of debentures if it was closed by the time I got to it (2-3minutes later) and that Royal bank seemed to have a much better organized discount brokerage platform - he replied that most convertible issues were small ones, and swore on his mother's grave (not really but with somewhat of the same intensity) that nobody had prior knowledge (it was strictly first come, first served) and that they were working to improve the TDW platform.

And two days later the selection of corporate bonds had seemingly improved but on the 5th day, the corporate bond menu of offerings was no longer available on line. Strangely, the other fixed income offerings were still available online.

edited to add information.
'A slow death to those who become slaves of habit, who repeat the same track every day, who do not change pace, who do not risk and change the colour of their clothes, who do not talk and who do not learn.'
Pablo Neruda
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

I know they have a problem with Convertibles. Usually I get the email within half a day and within a day it is closed.

One thing they have done is limit the purchase quantity recently, i.e. $10000 instead of $100000.
For the fun of it...Keith
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

And two days later the selection of corporate bonds had seemingly improved but on the 5th day, the corporate bond menu of offerings was no longer available on line. Strangely, the other fixed income offerings were still available online.
But on a psoitive note they now how the Monthly Fixed Income Perspective back online. Feb was the last one only missed March and April.
This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

But on a positive note they now how the Monthly Fixed Income Perspective back online.
Yeah, and it's quite good - I was pleased to see it back. It always has good info on pref shares along with recommendations.

ltr
pmj
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by pmj »

That sounds as though it might be interesting. But there doesn't seem to be a functional search at TDW other than for stocks - and it seems to be hidden from Google - so how do you get to it?
Peter

Patrick Hutber: Improvement means deterioration
Shurville
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shurville »

My income from GIC's shows up on the printed reports from TDW but never in the Webroker on- line statements. A nuisance since the amounts are not insignificant. Why is that?
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

pmj wrote:That sounds as though it might be interesting. But there doesn't seem to be a functional search at TDW other than for stocks - and it seems to be hidden from Google - so how do you get to it?
Log into TDW - then click Markets and Research - select Markets - select Reports - then under Premium Reports select Monthly Income Reports (I believe Premium Reports are only avaliable to Presidents Account holders though).

ltr
pmj
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by pmj »

like_to_retire wrote:I believe Premium Reports are only available to Presidents Account holders though.
So it seems - and confirmed by a PM :( .
Peter

Patrick Hutber: Improvement means deterioration
Inquiring Mind
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Inquiring Mind »

I have a President's Account and looked for the Monthly Income Reports today. I didn't see anything called Premium Reports so called Waterhouse. I was told there is no such thing as Premium Reports and nothing called Monthly Income Reports. Any further info?
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

Inquiring Mind wrote:I have a President's Account and looked for the Monthly Income Reports today. I didn't see anything called Premium Reports so called Waterhouse. I was told there is no such thing as Premium Reports and nothing called Monthly Income Reports. Any further info?
Yet, I read them all the time - they're quite well done. Arrows show the Income report.
Premium reports TDW
Premium reports TDW
ltr
Inquiring Mind
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Inquiring Mind »

Congratulations!! I just spoke again with TD Waterhouse and learned that President's Account Diamond Clients (with $5 million plus accounts) have access to those Premium reports. I guess I'll never get to read them.
biker
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by biker »

Shurville wrote:My income from GIC's shows up on the printed reports from TDW but never in the Webroker on- line statements. A nuisance since the amounts are not insignificant. Why is that?
I have the same question.
Live like you are dying but invest like you are immortal.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old ; they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes
Bylo Selhi
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Bylo Selhi »

biker wrote:I have the same question.
I don't understand the question. Both the printed statements and the online PDF versions show all transactions, including interest payments. So does WebBroker's Activity summary. What am I missing about what y'all are missing?
Dennis
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Dennis »

I believe the online and printed monthly statements include the "imaginary" amount that you can not realize until the GIC term ends. The daily online summaries do not show this.
"Liberals feel unworthy of their possessions. Conservatives feel they deserve everything they've stolen.".....Mort Sahl
Bylo Selhi
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Bylo Selhi »

Dennis wrote:"imaginary" amount
You mean accrued interest? TDW's printed/online statements don't show this either.
Dennis
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Dennis »

Precisely....I was referring to TDW
"Liberals feel unworthy of their possessions. Conservatives feel they deserve everything they've stolen.".....Mort Sahl
timbr
Contributor
Contributor

Post by timbr »

Inquiring Mind wrote:Congratulations!! I just spoke again with TD Waterhouse and learned that President's Account Diamond Clients (with $5 million plus accounts) have access to those Premium reports. I guess I'll never get to read them.
I had the understanding you only needed a PA account. When premium reports were first introduced, I wasted quite a bit of time on the phone with the help desk because I could not see them. The eventually figured out that if my WebBorker Start Page (under preferences) was set to HomePage, the reports were not visible. I changed it to something else, and suddenly they appeared.
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Just noticed this today
WebBroker wrote:New and Exclusive Market Research Reports - Now Available!

Now you can benefit from access to more exclusive insights from TD's industry-leading market experts, equity analysts and economists through a variety of exciting new reports.

Available by selecting the Reports tab in the Markets & Research site, the following new reports will help you make informed decisions and invest with greater confidence:

- TD Waterhouse Market Outlook - this quarterly report offers clear, concise market analysis with a 6-18 month view, covering all major asset classes including domestic and global equities, fixed income and currencies.
- TDSI Action List ("Our Best Ideas") - highlights TD Newcrest's top equity recommendations and sector updates in one convenient monthly report.
- TD Waterhouse Technical Almanac - features access to advanced technical analysis for selected stocks from the TD Waterhouse Portfolio Advice and Investment Research team.
Of the three new reports, I'm thinking that only the TDSI Action List report will have some usefulness to me.

sydney2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sydney2 »

Account balances are way out of whack this morning. It seems they haven't caught up with yesterdays market close. :?