Everbank Forex

Asset allocation, risk, diversification and rebalancing. Pros/cons of hiring a financial advisor. Seeking advice on your portfolio?
oyster
Newcomer
Newcomer

Everbank Forex

Post by oyster »

For what it's worth, the online bank Everbank has a forex division which permits you to open and maintain an account in any one of several currencies. TD Canada Trust wires CAD to my CAD account there, and from time to time I buy USD for my Everbank USD chequing account. I pay my USD costs with their cheques, or deposit to my USAA accounts with a scanner. They insist their forex fees and rates can't be beat. Everbank is chartered, all deposits are insured, and Forbes rates it best among the online US banks. Perhaps worth a look if you live with both currencies. Not as good as Norbert's Gambit, but better than the others.
oyster
queerasmoi
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: Everbank Forex

Post by queerasmoi »

oyster wrote:For what it's worth, the online bank Everbank has a forex division which permits you to open and maintain an account in any one of several currencies. TD Canada Trust wires CAD to my CAD account there, and from time to time I buy USD for my Everbank USD chequing account. I pay my USD costs with their cheques, or deposit to my USAA accounts with a scanner. They insist their forex fees and rates can't be beat. Everbank is chartered, all deposits are insured, and Forbes rates it best among the online US banks. Perhaps worth a look if you live with both currencies. Not as good as Norbert's Gambit, but better than the others.
oyster
1) Wire transfers are expensive, no?
2) Everbank requires an American SSN. Not generally an option for Canadians. Unless they have a special Canadian division that I can't find on Google.