NOTICE: Effective 10-Feb-15, when phpBB Version 3.1 went live, the rules listed below were superseded by the rules listed on Board rules. They remain visible here for historical reasons, such as previous posts that referred to them.
The Your Money forums ...
... are the main discussion areas on this site. We ask you to concentrate on financial matters: stocks, bonds, GICs, ETFs and mutual funds, financial planning, taxes.
… And Your Life forums
are provided as a bonus service to registered members only.
Ancient Manuscripts and Potions
is the archive of Forums and Threads from FWF from before 1/1/2009. It is possible to respond to a relevant post* in the pre-2009 forums. However, no new threads may be created here.
* The relevant thread may then be moved by administrators into the current forums.
Terms of Service
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence, the administrators, moderators or webmaster will not be held liable.
You agree not to post or link to any abusive, slanderous or hateful materials that may violate any applicable laws (on libel, sexual exploitation as well as religious, linguistic, racial, gender and sexual discrimination) or depreciate common courtesy.
This forum is not a clipping service. Do not copy whole articles. Fair use of copyrighted materials may apply, in instances where the information might quickly disappear from the Web. We encourage members to link to an article and expand on why the article is important. We reserve the right to determine what is fair use.
You agree not to solicit business although a link to your website in your profile and/or signature is allowed. Soliciting includes posting stock tips, touts, systems, and buy/sell signals without clear educational content and attempting to attract business or website traffic. We reserve the right to determine what is solicitation. Violations may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you grant a perpetual non-exclusive licence to the owners of this Forum to store, reproduce, and publish (or republish as the case may be) your messages and any other information you enter. Private information you give us when you become a member, e.g., a valid email address, will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, except where directed by court order. You agree that the owners, webmaster, administrators and moderators are not responsible for any harm or damages resulting from successful hacking attempts.
Posting Do's and Don'ts
1. Do not post or link to abusive, slanderous, hateful, or otherwise threatening or discriminatory material on sex, gender, race, religion, language or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Ask yourself whether you would want your children/spouse/parents/boss to see what you wrote.
2. Check your motives. Before you post, ask yourself "Why am I posting this?" What are you trying to accomplish? Argue by addressing the ideas not by attacking the person.
3. Before starting a new thread, use the Search link to see if there is an existing thread covering the same topic. If so, post there rather than create a new thread on the same topic.
4. Don't violate copyright laws by cutting and pasting entire articles into a post. Instead, post a link to the article and quote a short summary of the author's main point as a "teaser."
5. Any poster can edit or delete their own post after submitting it, so comments made in haste can be rephrased or deleted within 48 hours. The edit button is at the lower right side of your post and the Delete X button is to the right of your post. Please add a line indicating the nature of your edit.
6. If you see a post you believe violates applicable laws or the Forum's moderation policy, you can inform management by using the “Report a Post” function (the or icon depending on your board style preference) to the right of the objectionable post. Please advise the Management, using one of the selections available, what you find objectionable about the post you are reporting.
Additional Points of Moderation Policy
Financial Wisdom Forum is actively moderated to maintain a civil and welcoming environment, something we have spent some time and years to foster. Those who do not like our moderating guidelines are free to disagree and find a new haven elsewhere.
Moderation policy is established by the Forum's owners. Moderator decisions are final. If you disagree, PM/email the moderators or the Management. Do not contest moderation decisions in public (unless you're looking to be an instant martyr).
Moderators will intervene to prevent conversations -- we are about conversations -- from turning into personal and/or political feuds and vendettas, and to quash trolling. A post that deliberately attacks a person rather than critiquing the message in the post will be considered over the line. In such case, when posters are asked to back off, not heeding such a call may result in suspension/banning.
Moderators may edit thread titles and edit (or delete) posts therein to remove illegal, libelous, or other objectionable material. Changes to thread titles and posts will be clearly indicated. In the case of removal of an entire post, the poster will be notified via email or Private Message. If a member has a post removed and wants to argue about it, use a Private Message to the moderator or Management. Arguing about it in the Forum will result in a suspension/ban.
Generally, moderation will be handled in the first instance by PM to the offender(s), identifying the violation and consequences of further violations, or by a public post by the moderator(s), indicating to all that a post or thread is getting near the limits. That is a warning shot.
Cross the line, you may be suspended for a week. Cross the line twice, the penalty is a month. Cross it three times, you're gone for good.
If you are banned or suspended and not sure why or you wish to protest, please email the moderators/Management at the email address provided to you for a more detailed explanation.
Do not treat anything posted on this forum by anyone - including the site's management - as investment advice. Do your own due diligence or consult a financial professional before proceeding.
Asset allocation, risk, diversification and rebalancing. Pros/cons of hiring a financial advisor. Seeking advice on your portfolio?
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests