Criterion Water Infrastructure

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
par4
Contributor
Contributor

Post by par4 »

Has anyone researched this Mutual Fund and would it be a good way to participate in Water.? I'm not a big fan of Mutual Funds but this was a suggestion by my FA.
randomwalker
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: Criterion Water Infrastructure

Post by randomwalker »

par4 wrote:Has anyone researched this Mutual Fund and would it be a good way to participate in Water.? I'm not a big fan of Mutual Funds but this was a suggestion by my FA.
There are "Water Focused" Exchange Traded Funds" which as the name implies are traded directly on various stock exchanges. Claymore offers a "Global Water ETF" which trades in Toronto and on the AMEX, I'm assuming it is essentially the same fund on both exchanges. In Toronto it trades under the symbol CWW there is also the CWW.A series that will steer a commission to your advisor.

http://www.claymoreinvestments.ca/etfs/ ... a26dd7d794

Other ETFs include
PowerShares Water Resources (PHO) AMEX
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) AMEX

the above is for information only as I own nor have researched any of the ETFs mentioned.
par4
Contributor
Contributor

Post by par4 »

Thank you ramdonwalker that was very helpful. I expect why the FA chose Criterion over Claymore was the commission. I felt I was already paying him enough.
parvus
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor
Location: Waiting for the real estate meltdown on Rua Açores.

Post by parvus »

Why don't you ask him? Do you have upfront fee disclosure? If you don't trust him or have suspicions about the rationale behind his recommendations, it would seem salutary to end the relationship.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen — a wit
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki Your go-to guide for financial basics