[Call to action] Lonely and neglected topics, aka the Maytag repairman of topics

Announcements from the Management and assistance with forum software. New to FWF? Please consider introducing yourself
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

[Call to action] Lonely and neglected topics, aka the Maytag repairman of topics

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

Did you know that there are some 900 lonely and possibly neglected topics that have never received a reply? If you are logged in, check out http://www.financialwisdomforum.org/for ... unanswered (found under the Quick links menu).

Clearly there are many of the older ones that are outdated or not worthy of discussion. However if you refine it to Unanswered topics in the past year, there may be some topics worthy of discussion.

Perhaps you saw the topic back when it was posted but were occupied with other things. Maybe you have some time now to read, or re-read, a few of them and try to help the OP with a reply. Or perhaps you just want to let sleeping dogs lie. The choice is yours. I know I periodically scan this list and I thought it might be helpful to shine some light on them. Hopefully none of them are your topics :lol:
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [Call to action] Lonely and neglected topics, aka the Maytag repairman of topics

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

The keen eyed observer might have noticed some topics bubble to the surface today after a long period of being unanswered. They've each generate a few follow-up replies.

This topic provides some insight on how and why this happened. And now, some three and half years later, this topic too is no longer lonely and neglected. :lol:
Peculiar_Investor wrote: 23 Mar 2017 11:27 if you refine it to Unanswered topics in the past year, there may be some topics worthy of discussion.

Perhaps you saw the topic back when it was posted but were occupied with other things. Maybe you have some time now to read, or re-read, a few of them and try to help the OP with a reply. Or perhaps you just want to let sleeping dogs lie. The choice is yours. I know I periodically scan this list and I thought it might be helpful to shine some light on them. Hopefully none of them are your topics :lol:
Anyone up for a challenge? Without posting on it, can anyone identify who posted the oldest unanswered topic on FWF? How long has it remained unanswered? Post your answer here.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Insomniac
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: [Call to action] Lonely and neglected topics, aka the Maytag repairman of topics

Post by Insomniac »

This one from 16Feb2005:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21