Notice: Change to "Remember me" settings

Announcements from the Management and assistance with forum software. New to FWF? Please consider introducing yourself
Administrator
Administrator
Administrator

Notice: Change to "Remember me" settings

Post by Administrator »

On Saturday March 11, 2017 around 9 AM Eastern Time (ET) we will change "Remember me" sessions so that they will last up to one year on FWF. This will affect only users who select the option to "Remember me" on the login screen on a particular computer or device and don't revisit FWF from that device within a year.

Users who do not check "Remember me" will not be affected by this change. You can log out sooner by clicking the "Log out" button in the menu under your user name in the upper right corner of your screen, or by clearing cookies for the website, either manually or using the "Delete all board cookies" link in the board footer.

A reminder:
Our [url=http://www.financialwisdomforum.org/forum/faq.php]FAQ[/url] wrote:To stay logged in, check the Remember me box during login. This is not recommended if you access the board from a shared computer, e.g. library, internet cafe, university computer lab, etc.
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: Notice: Change to "Remember me" settings upcoming

Post by kcowan »

It does not remember me on my iPhone now.
For the fun of it...Keith
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

What browser are you using on your iPhone? Does it happen just for FWF or for other sites that have a "remember me" type feature?

If you are using Safari, check Settings > Safari > Privacy & Security > Block Cookies and make sure your settings allowing FWF to set cookies.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

I have set
Allow from Websites | Visit
should I set it to
Always Allow?

That seems to be more liberal than I like. But what the hey?
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

kcowan wrote:I have set
Allow from Websites | Visit
I'm using those settings and "Remember Me" has always worked for me.

Are there other sites that offer to remember your login that you use? Do they all work as expected, leaving FWF as the odd one out?
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

No I think they are working as expected.
Administrator
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Notice: Change to "Remember me" settings

Post by Administrator »

This morning we changed the board's "Remember me" sessions so that they will last up to one year on FWF. This will affect only users who select the option to "Remember me" on the login screen on a particular computer or device and don't revisit FWF from that device within a year.

Users who do not check "Remember me" will not be affected by this change. You can log out sooner by clicking the "Log out" button in the menu under your user name in the upper right corner of your screen, or by clearing cookies for the website, either manually or using the "Delete all board cookies" link in the board footer.

A reminder:
Our [url=http://www.financialwisdomforum.org/forum/faq.php]FAQ[/url] wrote:To stay logged in, check the Remember me box during login. This is not recommended if you access the board from a shared computer, e.g. library, internet cafe, university computer lab, etc.