[New feature] - User control of posts per page setting now available

Announcements from the Management and assistance with forum software. New to FWF? Please consider introducing yourself
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

[New feature] - User control of posts per page setting now available

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

Over [url=http://www.financialwisdomforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=525105#p525105]here[/url], Norbert Schlenker wrote:
Bylo Selhi wrote:Can you make it 100 for full forum styles and 25 for Artodia styles?
I wish. There is only one global setting. Ideally, this parameter - and topics per page in forum view - would be settable by individual members. A MOD is available to allow this but we hate moving off stock versions.
Some good news, I think. With phpBB 3.1, it has become possible to offer the ability for individual members to control the posts per page setting. Check your User Control Panel->Board preferences->Edit display options.

The board default value with remain 25, but members can change their own value to between 1 and 100. A value of 0 uses the board default.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
longinvest
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: User control of posts per page setting now available

Post by longinvest »

Peculiar_Investor wrote:The board default value with remain 25, but members can change their own value to between 1 and 100. A value of 0 uses the board default.
Neat. Thanks!
Variable Percentage Withdrawal (finiki.org/wiki/VPW) | One-Fund Portfolio (VBAL in all accounts)
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

longinvest wrote:
Peculiar_Investor wrote:The board default value with remain 25, but members can change their own value to between 1 and 100. A value of 0 uses the board default.
Neat. Thanks!
You (and others) are welcome. Always looking for ways to improve the member experience here on FWF.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Koogie
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Koogie »

Lord knows I am one of the least appreciative or demonstrative around here but thank you very much for what you do around this site.

As a moderator/administrator I feel you are what makes this site tick (in the absence of the founders)

It doesn't go unnoticed. Merry Seasons to you and I hope you grace us with your wisdom and expertise in 2017.

God/Allah/Vishnu/Buddha bless FWF.
Koogie
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Koogie »

Kudos also to Lady Geek and also to Quebec.