Happy 10th birthday FWF

Announcements from the Management and assistance with forum software. New to FWF? Please consider introducing yourself
poedin
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: Happy 10th birthday FWF

Post by poedin »

Almost always check into FWF first and once in a while refer to the treasure trove in Finiki (especially when I start to think about messing up our IPS).
:? + FWF/Finiki = :D
Thank-you all!
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

My first stop every day. I want thank the Regents for helping it survive. And the current efforts of all the contributors, especially Finiki.

Now we have to focus on the future. Ten years hence! When PCs will be anachronistic! And the audience will be tweeters...
For the fun of it...Keith
longinvest
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by longinvest »

Happy 11th Birthday FWF!
Last edited by longinvest on 18 Feb 2016 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
Variable Percentage Withdrawal (finiki.org/wiki/VPW) | One-Fund Portfolio (VBAL in all accounts)
LadyGeek
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by LadyGeek »

Happy 10th + 1 birthday!
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Happy 12th birthday FWF, and 8th for finiki

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

finiki celebrates its eighth year of existence today and FWF will celebrate twelve years in three more days (February 18th).

A hearty thanks to each and everyone who has contributed to make us one of the best Canadian resources for financial education and empowerment.

For posterity sake:
  • The forum statistics show: Total posts 478013 • Total topics 15812 • Total members 8141 as I post this.
  • finiki's statistics show 212 content pages, 2,059 total pages (All pages in the wiki, including talk pages, redirects, etc.), 15,075 page edits have taken page and 45 registered users
Again, thanks to anyone who's ever posted on FWF or edited the wiki. The knowledge we are sharing continues to grow!

For newcomers and those that might not know the background, you can read about the History of FWF.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
rishitibriwal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rishitibriwal »

I'll add to the wishes. This is always my first Web page everyday and I've learnt so much here over the years.
poedin
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by poedin »

:beer:
Pickles
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Pickles »

I first started reading the forum in 2006. It is an essential part of my online life. I still remember how scare I was during the 2008 meltdown and how much the advice I receive through the forum steadied my nerves and helped me come through the crisis unscathed.

Happy Birthday, FWF!
Regards,
Pickles
LadyGeek
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by LadyGeek »

Happy Birthday, finiki! :thumbsup:
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Profit not Prophet
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Profit not Prophet »

I just saw I've been here 10 years and few days. Missed the rollover, kinda like the car a 100,000 someone pulls a stunt in front of you and you miss it. Learned a lot and it doesn't feel like ten years. In hindsight was a good time to commiserate given how things unraveled for a while.