Posting with BBCode on or off

Announcements from the Management and assistance with forum software. New to FWF? Please consider introducing yourself
Springbok
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Posting with BBCode on or off

Post by Springbok »

Split from Zeno's post here -- Administrator
Tango1 wrote:Just read this article and I am very worried about my balanced etf portfolio...I am 51 and have 8 yrs to retirement. Thinking about a fee based fp or switching to mawer balanced mutual fund. Feedback is greatly appreciated. Tks
Puzzled as to why the above quote did not format normally in Zeno's post.
ModeratorZ

Re: Are you worried about your investments today....

Post by ModeratorZ »

zeno wrote:
Tango1 wrote:Just read this article and I am very worried about my balanced etf portfolio...I am 51 and have 8 yrs to retirement. Thinking about a fee based fp or switching to mawer balanced mutual fund. Feedback is greatly appreciated. Tks
I'll add my voice to the chorus. I'm not worried. If anything, I'm relieved. This perpetually ascending market was making me nervous. I have a balanced etf portfolio like yourself and my retirement horizon is about the same, but that's 8 years of accumulation. I'd rather have a few dips while I'm still accumulating. As many have mentioned, this is a minor dip as things go. I would expect bigger dips to come in the 8 years before you retire... and in the decades after that when you are retired.

As for myself, my allocation percentages are finally getting to the point where I'll be adding equities. Because equities have been going up relentless for the last 3-4 years, most new money has been going into my GIC ladder, which depresses me. Maybe when rebalancing time rolls around this year I can actually buy stocks for a change.
ModeratorZ

Re: OT re Re: Are you worried about your investments today..

Post by ModeratorZ »

Springbok wrote:
Puzzled as to why the above quote did not format normally in Zeno's post.
It's because there was a space between "Tks" and [/quote].

It's hard to see unless you are able to go and edit the post. I've re-posted it above correctly.

HTH
Springbok
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Springbok »

ModeratorZ wrote:
It's because there was a space between "Tks" and /quote].

It's hard to see unless you are able to go and edit the post. I've re-posted it above correctly.

HTH
Interesting that it worked in my post when I just cut and pasted with no editing.
ig17
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by ig17 »

ModeratorZ wrote:It's because there was a space between "Tks" and [/quote].
The space shouldn't matter. Looking at the history of zeno's posts, BBCode never worked for him. He probably disabled it in his user profile.
Administrator
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Posting with BBCode on or off

Post by Administrator »

For more information see Mastering the Posting Screen which covers the Disable BBCode option.

When logged in, the User Control Panel settings which control your posting defaults are in http://www.financialwisdomforum.org/for ... &mode=post
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

More information can be found in BBCode guide
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Springbok
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Springbok »

Great. Thanks for explanations.