post migration from bogleheads

Announcements from the Management and assistance with forum software. New to FWF? Please consider introducing yourself
mcbar
Contributor
Contributor

post migration from bogleheads

Post by mcbar »

This isn't a frequent issue, but once or twice I've noticed users who's threads have been locked, or who otherwise didn't get the type of response they were looking for on bogleheads, simply repost the topic on our forums.

Do we have any rules regarding this type of behavior? Is it best just to ignore, or attempt some sort of reasoned response?
"The mob rushes in where individuals fear to tread." --BF Skinner

"He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help." --Abraham Lincoln
The Management
Administrator
Administrator

Re: post migration from bogleheads

Post by The Management »

Short answer, as long as posters adhere to our forum policies, they are welcome to post on FWF.

There are a number of members who hang out on both forums and generally attempts are made to direct posters to the country-specific forums as the situation warrants (i.e., tax implications, investment vehicles, etc.).

The fact that a topic may have been locked on the BH forum is related to their forum posting rules, which are up to their moderators to enforce.
mcbar
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mcbar »

Thanks for clarifying :)

cashinstinct
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cashinstinct »

Mods are intense on Bogleheads, they seem to lock threads quite often and they consider a lot of posting as off-topic really quickly.

I would not judge someone to ask again here...
mcbar
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mcbar »

cashinstinct wrote:Mods are intense on Bogleheads, they seem to lock threads quite often and they consider a lot of posting as off-topic really quickly.

I would not judge someone to ask again here...
Perhaps - who would have figured us canucks would be a little more relaxed than our counterparts to the south :P

That said, the few times I've seen it happen (and I stress that it's not a common occurrence), the quality of the posts has been quite low. That's not to say said individuals don't deserve some guidance, but where it does happen they seem to have a tendency to bicker when they don't get the confirmation they were looking for.

I guess ultimately it's self policing and therefore doesn't require intervention from the moderators if our rules aren't being violated. I just wouldn't want a young/new investor to get seduced or distracted by a crappy post.