Bylo and others, 10K, and beyond

Announcements from the Management and assistance with forum software. New to FWF? Please consider introducing yourself
DavidR
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: Bylo and others, 10K, and beyond

Post by DavidR »

Congrats adrian2. Appreciate the knowledge, experience and opinion that you are so willing to share. And the Romanian folklore too. Go U of T!
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bylo 10K (and now others)

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

One other that has quietly escaped notice, his 10,000th post likely occurred mid January, congratulations to brucecohen, an amazing researcher and contributor to FWF. Thanks Bruce for all you've contributed to FWF. :beer: :beer:

For those members keeping score at home, the leaderboard. Link only works for logged in members.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
DavidR
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by DavidR »

+1! Kudos to Bruce for his efforts in educating Canadians about finances for 30+ years. I used to clip his articles out of the Financial Post and have more than one of his books on my shelf at home.
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

Yea Bruce. I love your contributions here. Always read them looking for your usual gems of wisdom.
For the fun of it...Keith
rishitibriwal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rishitibriwal »

Belated congratulations to Adrian and Bruce. I really enjoy your inputs and am a more learned investor thanks to those. :thumbsup:
poedin
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by poedin »

rishitibriwal wrote:Belated congratulations to Adrian and Bruce. I really enjoy your inputs and am a more learned investor thanks to those. :thumbsup:
+1
planB
Contributor
Contributor

Post by planB »

rishitibriwal wrote:Belated congratulations to Adrian and Bruce. I really enjoy your inputs and am a more learned investor thanks to those. :thumbsup:
+2

Also belated belated thanks to the other 10k inductees, the regular posters and Finiki authors. Great site -- I have learned a lot here. I plan to contribute more when I (early) retire, but that could be a while... Cheers.
optionable68
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by optionable68 »

I re-stumbled across this thread and was humbled as I noticed that Bylo, Shakesphere and AltaRed are all in the midst of major posting milestones.

I will raise up this thread so as not to miss these 3 opportunities to show appreciation for the trifecta of FWF stalwarts :thumbsup:
3-time winner of FWF Annual Stock Market Predictions contest
Lazy Ninja
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lazy Ninja »

I just noticed that we now have two posters in the very exclusive 20k club. Congratulations to Shakespeare. I'm quite certain that I'm not the only one who's learned a ton from reading your posts over the years....
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

Lazy Ninja wrote:I just noticed that we now have two posters in the very exclusive 20k club. Congratulations to Shakespeare. I'm quite certain that I'm not the only one who's learned a ton from reading your posts over the years....
I've learned a ton from Shakespeare over the approximately 15 years I've been a member. His website was very helpful to me in the early days, and over the years he inspired me to create the system I now use to hold individual equities. A big thumbs up. :thumbsup:

ltr
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

Don't forget Norbert and Yielder who were the other 2 co-founders. But I also have to recognize AltaRed who has been tireless in helping newcomers!

AR next time you get to Vancouver, let's hoist one on me! And if you make it to Burrowing Owl or Rustico wineries, give my regards to the proprietors, Jim and Midge Wyse, and Bruce Fuller respectively.
Arby
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Arby »

kcowan wrote:I also have to recognize AltaRed who has been tireless in helping newcomers!
:thumbsup: Yes, kudos to AltaRed. I am amazed by Alta's thoughtful responses and patience when answering questions from newbies.
olivaw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by olivaw »

Altered has given me some great advice too. He's also a wealth of knowledge about the oil industry and project cost analysis. :thumbsup:
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

It only took me 12 years longer than Bylo to join the club. I guess I don't hike enough :lol: According to the memberlist, I'm the 8th member to have reached this milestone.

I guess @parvus needs to be just slightly more active to become the next FWF'er to reach this milestone.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Bylo 25K

I couldn't help but notice this morning that with this post Bylo becomes the 2nd FWF member to pass 25K posts.

AltaRed was the first, although for some reason this milestone was missed.

Thanks to both of you for your continued contributions to FWF and Canadian do-it-yourself investors.

Lazy Ninja
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lazy Ninja »

It's borderline inconceivable to me, but this forum now has its first member of the 30k club.

It's lonely at the top. Half that number of posts would still be good enough to place in the top five most frequent posters in the forum's history. One-third of the total would still rank in the top ten. Even 5000 posts would qualify for the top 20 (current totals, for those who are interested).

30000 posts works out to just about one post every five hours. For over 17 years...

Congrats to Altared. Your posts have helped to educate countless readers over the years. Of course, I count myself among them.

Thank you.
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

How embarrassing! One could interpret that as me having no life.... :lol: Or that I have too many opinions.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

We are blessed to have a member with so much experience that he is willing to share.

Congratulations for another milestone AR!
Descartes
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Descartes »

Wow. That is quite a milestone.
We need to rename this forum to "The Altared (& Associates) Financial Wisdom Emporium".
Always sound, serious, and rational posts and at a fair price.
"A dividend is a dictate of management. A capital gain is a whim of the market."
SoninlawofGus
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by SoninlawofGus »

Descartes wrote: 01 Apr 2022 16:49 We need to rename this forum to "The Altared (& Associates) Financial Wisdom Emporium".
:thumbsup:

Congrats to all the the 10K and 20K achievers. What do they win? Being a financial forum, I'm thinking only inflation-protected cash or securities will do. :wink: