Risks of clicking on TDDI agreements [removing non-list companies]

Banking and Saving strategies, maximizing interest rates, budgeting, GICs, HISAs.
2 yen
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Risks of clicking on TDDI agreements [removing non-list companies]

Post by 2 yen »

To remove non-listed, dormant securities from a portfolio, I understand I have to complete some agreements within TDDI. What does this mean and what are the risks involved with 'sharing' information with TDDI?

2 yen
2 yen
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: Risks of clicking on TDDI agreements

Post by 2 yen »

Clearly this is a poorly worded question. I'll have another look at it.

2 yen
Sumaco
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sumaco »

2 yen wrote: 27 Jan 2018 14:02 To remove non-listed, dormant securities from a portfolio, I understand I have to complete some agreements within TDDI. What does this mean and what are the risks involved with 'sharing' information with TDDI?

2 yen
Not sure of your circumstances... For me... I completed this form when a holding I had went bankrupt and the company delisted on the TSX. Didn't bother me to handover shares since the company was defunct, courts sold off assets and patents transferred to another company. Needless to say I was left high & dry as a puny shareholder.

It was one form to sign which transferred the ownership to TDDI and mailed back via snail mail.
--
Ignorance is where learning begins.
2 yen
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by 2 yen »

Problem solved. Thanks Sumaco.

Called and an agent walked me through it. I had 3 defunct companies on the books from at least 15 years ago.

2 yen