CIBC Online

Banking and Saving strategies, maximizing interest rates, budgeting, GICs, HISAs.
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

CIBC Online

Post by AltaRed »

Anyone having trouble accessing account information the past 2 weeks or so? I only have a CC with them the past few years but for the past ~2 weeks, there has been an online 'meltdown' in that no CC data is available. No balance data, no transaction data and no access to e-statements.

Their secure online communications is working though. I've complained twice and have gotten 'quick' responses saying their IT folk are aware of the problem and are working on it. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same sorry boat.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
adrian2
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: CIBC Online

Post by adrian2 »

AltaRed wrote: 12 Dec 2017 13:15 Anyone having trouble accessing account information the past 2 weeks or so? I only have a CC with them the past few years but for the past ~2 weeks, there has been an online 'meltdown' in that no CC data is available. No balance data, no transaction data and no access to e-statements.

Their secure online communications is working though. I've complained twice and have gotten 'quick' responses saying their IT folk are aware of the problem and are working on it. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same sorry boat.
Last night I was able to view my CIBC Visa statement online with no issues.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki
“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.” [Richard P. Feynman, Nobel prize winner]
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

Not for me as of this morning.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
adrian2
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by adrian2 »

AltaRed wrote: 12 Dec 2017 13:36 Not for me as of this morning.
It works for me as of now.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki
“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.” [Richard P. Feynman, Nobel prize winner]
Shakespeare
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Shakespeare »

I downloaded my Visa statement yesterday with no problem.
Sic transit gloria mundi. Tuesday is usually worse. - Robert A. Heinlein, Starman Jones
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

I am obviously on a 'special' customer list. :evil:
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

FWIW, I still don't have online access to credit card data of any kind, i.e. transactions, balances, e-statements, etc. CIBC says their system is broken for a few types of clients, e.g. those who had dropped an authorized user sometime in the last 20 years, and there is no ETA for a fix.

The CIBC fellow on the phone told me his online access crashed about mid-December. Clearly something is fundamentally f'ed up and the IT monkeys don't have a clue so far.... Is this more than coincidence given recent problems folks are having with TDDI, BMO IL, etc.?
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

Maybe they are being hacked and trying to cover up?
For the fun of it...Keith
amphitryon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by amphitryon »

For what it's worth - they did have some problems.

''too many transactions going through'' as per my account person. I suggested it was more a case of being ill prepared. I initiated a transfer on 01.05 for 01.08 (assumed it would happen at 00:01 that date) - topping up two TFSA accounts in order to make some buys on Monday (8). Transaction disappeared into a black hole, did not show out of chequing and not in either TFSA account. Call to CIBC - 45 min waiting - to be told I had not done any transfer. 01.09. I sent an e-mail to account person and yes, confirmed ''there seems to be a transfer''. Did not show up on my screen until 01.09. Took then another 48 hrs to show up as confirmed trades. Silly me had thought I could put all to bed on Monday the 8th after breakfast. Not impressed at all.
homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

My problem is different and deeper than that. It is a systems (programming) issue. It has to do with the age of my legacy credit card account (over 40 years), it's morphed over time through a series of changes to now being a Dividend card, and that at one time, it was an account with another authorized user (my now ex-wife). CIBC says a select number of certain users are having similar issues.

It might be the old mainframe programming is Fortran IV with Watfor, based on card decks perhaps with no one alive today that knows how to deal with it. Don't laugh, I did engineering programs in the 1967-1971 period with exactly that. I have been totally blind since Nov 22nd and there is no ETA on a fix to this problem.

For now, I''ve simply stopped using that card (other than pre-authorized debits) and they supposedly will provide some goodwill when it is fixed. I'd cancel the card and go elsewhere except I have this 'check mark' goal of perhaps getting 60 years out of this account (the year 2033) if I am still of this world. Maybe I'll get to meet the CEO in person then.... :lol:
amphitryon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by amphitryon »

2033 - a lofty goal! I personally work in 5-year increments now, which seems reasonable in my situation. Fortran IV coding - this takes me back to the early 70s. Dabbled briefly in it, then switched to RPG II based on my employers choice of equipment and worked up through the progression of newer equipment, starting with the System III series. Then got bored after a while and moved into logistics.
Good luck with your goal!
homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto