New to Scotia iTRADE

Banking and Saving strategies, maximizing interest rates, budgeting, GICs, HISAs.
soloman
Contributor
Contributor

New to Scotia iTRADE

Post by soloman »

My daughter has just transferred her RRSP account to Scotia iTrade. She deposits $1,500 per month. Wants advice from me !! I think she should put the monthly deposits into a HISA and then at the end of the year buy a GIC or Bond. She has oodles of money in another not tax protected account. This RRSP account is to be FIXED Income only.

What HISA do you suggest ? Thanks.
soloman
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New to Scotia iTRADE

Post by soloman »

Furthermore, can you use the Momentum Savings account within Scotia iTRADE ?

Thanks
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

You can't use the Momentum Savings Account within iTrade, BUT now that she has a Scotia client card (whether it be Scotiabank or an iTrade one) and has online access, she can use it to open a Momentum Savings account online and see both her RRSP and Savings Account at Scotia Online once the savings account is set up. And move funds as she wishes.

The Scotia iTrade HISA is DYN500 (now named ADS something or other) if she wants to use that.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
soloman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by soloman »

AltaRed wrote: 03 Nov 2017 15:22 You can't use the Momentum Savings Account within iTrade, BUT now that she has a Scotia client card (whether it be Scotiabank or an iTrade one) and has online access, she can use it to open a Momentum Savings account online and see both her RRSP and Savings Account at Scotia Online once the savings account is set up. And move funds as she wishes.

The Scotia iTrade HISA is DYN500 (now named ADS something or other) if she wants to use that.
OK. Thank you very much.