Carnival Cruise.

Banking and Saving strategies, maximizing interest rates, budgeting, GICs, HISAs.
par4
Contributor
Contributor

Carnival Cruise.

Post by par4 »

I am about to book a cruise on Princess lines and have discovered if I own Carnival Corp I will receive $150.00 Us Ship board credit. I am thinking of buying 100 shares of CCL because I like the stock anyway. How long do you have to have held the stock??? :)
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: Carnival Cruise.

Post by BRIAN5000 »

par4 wrote: 31 Jul 2017 14:51 I am about to book a cruise on Princess lines and have discovered if I own Carnival Corp I will receive $150.00 Us Ship board credit. I am thinking of buying 100 shares of CCL because I like the stock anyway. How long do you have to have held the stock??? :)
If I remember correctly and that's a stretch you have to have it registered in your own name?
This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed
SQRT
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by SQRT »

I like the stock way better than the cruise I took on Carnival. Was a while ago though. All I remember is poorly dressed obese people lineing up for hamburgers and ice cream every day at 4 PM.
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

I don't like any of the big cruise ships. Much rather be on the boutique cruises that are bit more adventursome and where you get to know people a bit.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
Koogie
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Koogie »

The working classes, eh.. tsk tsk
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

We have taken Celebrity, Princess and Holland America but prefer the VBT and OAT cruises on the rivers. The 38 passenger Adriatic cruise was the most memorable.
For the fun of it...Keith
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

We were with Windstar Cruises (Star Pride) for our Costa Rica/Panama eco-adventure trip this past February. Lovely with only 200 people. That is as big a ship as I care to be on. We continue to be open to a range of such vessels of that size, and smaller.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
pmj
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by pmj »

We took a Rhine-Danube cruise with CroisiEurope last year. The first cruise we've ever taken. Very enjoyable, not expensive / no conspicuous over-consumption! I think it was 180 berths.
We travelled as individuals, although I think that most passengers were in travel-agent parties. Probably 2/3rds were from France (maybe Belgium?).
It was difficult to book from Canada cos the website geo-locates you and redirects you to the US site. I have past experience of French agencies over-charging North Americans / hiding cheaper options, and I was determined to avoid that risk. I booked through another French travel agent and got a fair price.
Peter

Patrick Hutber: Improvement means deterioration
2 yen
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by 2 yen »

Koogie wrote: 01 Aug 2017 10:36 The working classes, eh.. tsk tsk
Nothing like a cruise ship to bring out class warfare.

2 yen
stocksup
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by stocksup »

We have taken several cruises with Princess and have no complaints about our experience. I always by 100 shares of Carnival and sell the shares within minutes or days. The confirmation of your purchase is then faxed along with their shareholders benefit form. Last time I did this I had to call Princess to have the form emailed to me. IIRC the shares need to be owned within 30 days of the cruise.
par4
Contributor
Contributor

Post by par4 »

Thank you stocksup. Just wanted to know from someone who had the experience. My agent told me I could buy up to 3 days before sailing but I will not chance that and heed your advice.