VISA details @ TD EasyWeb

Banking and Saving strategies, maximizing interest rates, budgeting, GICs, HISAs.
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

VISA details @ TD EasyWeb

Post by IdOp »

This problem has been happening to me the last month or two.

When you log into TD EasyWeb (the banking site) there's a list of various accounts. I have a TD VISA card so that is shown along with the balance on it. If you want more details, you can click on the account link to get a page showing transactions, due date, etc. This used to work fine.

Some time ago they turned this into a JavaScript thing. Since then I've tried to access the details page well over a dozen times, and only had success about 3 times. Call it 20%. When it fails, which is almost always, there's an error message:

"We're sorry. Due to technical issues we are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later."

After this displays, you get unceremoniously dumped out back to the EasyWeb login page. (I assume the error message doesn't qualify as a ceremony.)

Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks for any replies.
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: VISA details @ TD EasyWeb

Post by AltaRed »

Have you tried different browsers? I find that some websites don't like certain browsers very much.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
OnlyMyOpinion
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by OnlyMyOpinion »

I haven't had that problem. I'd say the new interface is slower to open, but it opens fine.
Using: Windows 7, Mozilla Firefox w/ Shockwave flash 24.0.r0.
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

Thanks both. I have mostly used Seamonkey, but tried Firefox also with similar results. (On Linux.) I normally don't have flash installed, but since it did work 3 times that wouldn't seem to be essential.
2 yen
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by 2 yen »

No problem so far with Mac. I really like the new credit card info.

2 yen
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

Thanks 2yen. Given that two of you have had no trouble loading the page, it's sounding like the problem has something to do with my computer setup (rather than an outage at TD as the error message suggests). Hopefully as things get updated over time it will start to work reliably again at some point.
GreatLaker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GreatLaker »

Same thing has been happening to me. Using Chrome on W10. It is not occurring now, but happened earlier today. Not sure what is causing it.

I go into Chrome advanced settings and clear my browsing history for the past hour. I need to log in to EasyWeb again after that but it seems to fix the issue, at least temporarily.
When I was young, I was poor. Now, after years of hard work, I am no longer young.
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

That's interesting, GreatLaker, thanks. I just tried the similar thing: logged into EasyWeb, cleared the day's history in Seamonkey, clicked the VISA link ... and it worked. A sample size of 1 is not very big, so maybe I just got lucky, but I will try again daily and see if it keeps working.

That there is a problem too on a popular combo like Win10 + Chrome is in a way good news, in that maybe the problem (wherever it is, TD or browserland) will get fixed sooner.
Arby
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Arby »

I had problems accessing my Visa details a few weeks ago. TD said they were aware of the problem, and it now seems to be fixed. I haven't had any problem lately. I'm using Win10 and Chrome.
6miths
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 6miths »

No problems noted here with Mac and FireFox.
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

8 days ago I wrote:... I will try again daily and see if it keeps working.
Here's a summary of the last week's daily attempts:

Code: Select all

Sat Feb 11:  cleared day's history and it worked

Sun Feb 12:  no history clear, it worked
             switched account at top to LoC, it worked

Mon Feb 13:  in via TDDI, no history clear, worked
             back to accounts, try LoC, worked

Tue Feb 14:  in via TDDI, no history clear, worked
             in via EasyWeb, no hist clear, worked

Wed Feb 15:  in via TDDI, no history clear, FAILURE
             in via EasyWeb, no history clear, worked

Thu Feb 16:  in via TDDI, no history clear, FAILURE
             in via EasyWeb, no history clear, worked

Fri Feb 17:  in via TDDI, no history clear, worked
             back to Accounts, in to LoC, worked

Sat Feb 18:  in via TDDI, no history clear, worked
It is still not perfect, but working much better for me than before.
GreatLaker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GreatLaker »

I found another workaround.

I signed into EasyWeb, went to my accounts screen and clicked on my Visa account and got the following message:
"We’re sorry. Due to technical issues we are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later."

Then I held the back button (Chrome browser), went back 2 screens, had to hit refresh, and got back into EasyWeb. Then I clicked Investments to go into WebBroker, then clicked the EasyWeb link at the top of the screen to get to my TDCT accounts list. Then I clicked the Visa link and it worked.

Bottom line: when I get the error message, back button 2 screens and refresh page to get back to TDCT. Then go to WebBroker and back to EasyWeb and it works. Saves me the trouble of clearing history.
When I was young, I was poor. Now, after years of hard work, I am no longer young.