TD EasyWeb

Banking and Saving strategies, maximizing interest rates, budgeting, GICs, HISAs.
gsp_
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

TD EasyWeb

Post by gsp_ »

Just when you thought TD's website design folks couldn't make things worse, they've managed to mangle the Easyweb accounts page.
Bylo Selhi
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: TD Waterhouse Service

Post by Bylo Selhi »

gsp_ wrote:they've managed to mangle the Easyweb accounts page.
That's the understatement of the year. When I saw the new EasyWeb earlier this morning I immediately e-mailed them a note requestingdemanding a return to the old EasyWeb. The new one is totally unusable and unacceptable. Period. Full stop.

What a bunch of incompetent bozos. Even the federal government couldn't have done such a lousy job.

TD Bank is NOT my friend.
Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity and prolixity.
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

Bylo Selhi wrote:That's the understatement of the year. When I saw the new EasyWeb earlier this morning I immediately e-mailed them a note requestingdemanding a return to the old EasyWeb. The new one is totally unusable and unacceptable. Period. Full stop.

What a bunch of incompetent bozos. Even the federal government couldn't have done such a lousy job.
I've seen it only once when I logged in this morning to pay a bill, but I now get the old version when I log in. Different servers I suppose.

It looked OK to me, but then I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

What is the complaint with the new one? Is it just that people don't like change?

ltr
ig17
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by ig17 »

like_to_retire wrote:What is the complaint with the new one? Is it just that people don't like change?
I want to know too. I don't understand what the big deal is. The new page looks fine to me.
gsp_
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by gsp_ »

like_to_retire wrote:What is the complaint with the new one? Is it just that people don't like change?
I didn't quite have bylo's reaction so I look forward to his list of complaints but for me the most annoying aspects of the change are as follows.

1.The font size is absurdly large compared to just about every other website out there. If someone has vision problems, there are many adjustments available on a PC or other device that will help them see properly. However, one should not have to change the font size or zoom level for just the TD site.

2.Related to point #1, the layout no longer lets you see all your accounts without scrolling. I find this quite annoying.

3.They got rid of many borders and it just looks more disorganized, less structured.

Those were my main issues with it. Going from memory because right now it has reverted to the old look, hopefully for good.

I have no problem admitting I don't like change unless it significantly improves functionality.
Bylo Selhi
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Bylo Selhi »

like_to_retire wrote:What is the complaint with the new one?
One simple example. I logged in to download banking transactions into Quicken as I routinely do every day. In the old EasyWeb I could download all new transactions for several accounts in a single operation. The new EasyWeb has radio buttons for account selection instead of the check boxes in the old EasyWeb so that you can download transactions for only one account at a time. Moreover, of the four accounts I tried to download, only two actually downloaded anything. This indicates the interface designers are even more incompetent than the developers (who regularly demonstrate their rank incompetence even on the most trivial of issues.) I have zero confidence in what TD's IT bozos are doing.

That may not be a fundamental issue for most people but I'm travelling, I'm in a hurry, it was the first thing I tried and it failed in several ways. Their new implementation is a complete (bad) joke IMO. This doesn't bode well for other changes. It's totally unacceptable from a bank that claims to be customer-focussed.

P.S. TD's response so far, "...we have not been advised if this option will be modified to allow multiple downloads" That too is unacceptable. You don't arbitrarily remove function that has been there for years. The good news (maybe) is that when I logged in to get this response, I got the old EasyWeb interface.
brucecohen
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by brucecohen »

I don't see the point of the Personal Summary that takes up so much space at the top. I too don't like having to scroll down to see my credit accounts. Nor do I like the large font.
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

brucecohen wrote:I don't see the point of the Personal Summary that takes up so much space at the top. I too don't like having to scroll down to see my credit accounts. Nor do I like the large font.
The summary is a nice quick overview, so you don't have to scroll down.

The large font is in response to all the complaints by old people (is that me?) who had trouble reading the old font. Realize that the people who can't see, are also the people with all the money, so TDW listens to them.

Personally, as the lone dissenter, I kinda like the new layout.

ltr
newguy
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by newguy »

like_to_retire wrote:The large font is in response to all the complaints by old people (is that me?)
CTRL+ , or set the minimum font size if you want.

I don't think any programmer should EVER override the default behaviour.

newguy
Bylo Selhi
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Bylo Selhi »

like_to_retire wrote:The large font is in response to all the complaints by old people (is that me?) who had trouble reading the old font. Realize that the people who can't see, are also the people with all the money, so TDW listens to them.
Competent web design would allow the viewer/customer to select the relative size of fonts based on their acuity of vision, screen size/resolution and other factors outside the service provider's direct control, e.g. using +Aa and -Aa buttons to increase/decrease font sizes. It would also allow the customer some discretion to include/exclude/organize the information provided in a manner most convenient/useful to them.

The lack of this sort of user control speaks volumes about the competence of TD's web design bozos and those adultsmorons whose job it is to supervise them.
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

Bylo Selhi wrote:The lack of this sort of user control speaks volumes about the competence of TD's web design bozos and those adultsmorons whose job it is to supervise them.
:thumbsup:

It is surprising to me to see them screw up so often lately.
For the fun of it...Keith
qasimodo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by qasimodo »

kcowan wrote:It is surprising to me to see them screw up so often lately.
The retail banking market in Canada is "mature" with very little room to grow so they are in the cost cutting phase.
TD decided a few years ago that IT skills were a "commodity" and staffed based on cost, now we pay the price
oxymoronic marketers pitch: "... and make ads more relevant"
augustabound
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by augustabound »

like_to_retire wrote: Personally, as the lone dissenter, I kinda like the new layout.

ltr
So do I, nice and clean from my perspective.
But I only have one chequing account with them so my needs are pretty basic.
"Whenever I'm about to do something I think, would an idiot do that? And if they would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight K. Schrute
CROCKD
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: TD EasyWeb

Post by CROCKD »

Just rechecked considering some of the comments in this thread.
I don't have any problem with the layout. I have 3 chequing accounts including Borderless Plan and a Plan60 account which has been grandfathered. Also a TD Visa CC.
I go into TDWH via EasyWeb and have 3 brokerage accounts, $C, $US and a TFSA. I download the monthly statements as Adobe documents.
" A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it is written on " Samuel Goldwyn
"The light at the end of the tunnel may be a freight train coming your way" Metallica - No Leaf Clover
queerasmoi
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by queerasmoi »

Hmm, yeah I dislike the new layout too. Two bank accounts, one investment, one LoC and two credit cards = 6 lines, and it can't fit them all on one page.
MALDI_ToF
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MALDI_ToF »

I like the summary part, but would like a total that converts everything to CDN (I have some USD accounts)

I don't like all the white space, which I think in more of a problem than the font size. I can't see all my accounts on one page without scrolling down. Although you can minimize the sections it was nicer when everything was easily seen on one page.
Give a man a fish, and that man knows where to come for fish. Teach a man to fish, and you've just destroyed your market base.
Bylo Selhi
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Bylo Selhi »

queerasmoi wrote:Hmm, yeah I dislike the new layout too.
Let me ask a different question. Apart from the layout and the giant leap backwards in downloading of transactions (ugh!), what do people see is an improvement? I'm more interested in new function (steak) rather than in layout/style (sizzle) tweaks.

What's the benefit in this "improved" EasyWeb to:
1. TD customers?
2. The manager in charge of EasyWeb development who just spent $xxx,xxx out of his budget for this?
3. TD shareholders?
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

Bylo Selhi wrote:

What's the benefit in this "improved" EasyWeb
I was wondering the same thing, when I first saw it my reaction was that the
same info was still there, so what's the point? (Since I'm resistant to change,
I didn't like the new layout, but that's neither here nor there really.)
Koogie
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Koogie »

Don't like the change either. And agree that if you're going to go to the bother of all this "totalling" please do something to include my various US accounts. Since it doesn't include them and runs up multiple totals anyway, it ruins the "clean" look they were trying to achieve (i assume ?)

Still, gotta spend that webdesign budget or lose it, eh TD I.T. ?
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

In another discussion elsewhere, someone noted/speculated the new design was to improve user experience on tablets and smartphones. Seems to me, one format (if that is true) to blanket all devices is not likely to please many.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
poedin
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by poedin »

augustabound wrote:
like_to_retire wrote: Personally, as the lone dissenter, I kinda like the new layout.

ltr
So do I, nice and clean from my perspective.
But I only have one chequing account with them so my needs are pretty basic.
:thumbsup:
optionable68
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by optionable68 »

If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it
3-time winner of FWF Annual Stock Market Predictions contest
ig17
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by ig17 »

izzy
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by izzy »

And to think I was finally actually considering going paperless in response to the message I get from them every time I log on! This experience is making me reconsider, especially as the decision to do so appears to be irreversible. I think I will leave well enough alone for now!
"I disagree strongly with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

Why is that? You can still download all relevant documents in PDF form and save to your PC (which is what I do at 3 discount brokers).
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom