TD EasyWeb

Banking and Saving strategies, maximizing interest rates, budgeting, GICs, HISAs.
OnlyMyOpinion
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: TD EasyWeb

Post by OnlyMyOpinion »

No expert, but wonder if some other app like an ISP or MS firewall is causing the problem - any recent software updates or changes?
Bylo Selhi
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Bylo Selhi »

brucecohen wrote:Maybe it's because I know very little about computers. :D
And probably even less about Chrome extensions ;)

BTW Greg says hi.
Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity and prolixity.
Koogie
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Koogie »

Hmm.. got it working by further process of elimination. TDEW and this site are now working for me in normal Chrome.
Tried:
- deleting bookmarks. no change.
- pausing Adblocker extension. no change.
- turned off Hola Internet Unblocker. Bingo.

I've reviewed the Hola settings and parameters I set and there is nothing relating to either website or generally to https settings. So it is a mystery to me. Or, at any rate, above my tech paygrade.
Bylo Selhi
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Bylo Selhi »

Yup, I have, er had, the Hola extension enabled. I disabled it, restarted Chrome and I can login to EasyWeb again.

Thanks!
ig17
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by ig17 »

TD web failures are not limited to WebBroker.

EasyWeb issues in the last few days:

1. I tried to pay a bill on Friday. Clicked 'Finish' button to finalize the payment and got no response. I thought I missed the click so I clicked again. No response. Checked my account transactions... sure enough, they processed the payment twice.

2. I tried sending an Interac transfer to my daughter today in the morning. Clicked 'Send' button and got an error message: something went wrong... please try again. Checked pending Interac transfers... the transfer was not there. Checked my account balance... sure enough, TD debited the account. Checked with my daughter an hour later... she didn't get the email notification. Called TD customer support: they are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. Four hours later it is still not resolved.

Be careful, it's a jungle out there. :(
ig17
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by ig17 »

ig17 wrote: 02 Jan 2018 15:32 2. I tried sending an Interac transfer to my daughter today in the morning. Clicked 'Send' button and got an error message: something went wrong... please try again. Checked pending Interac transfers... the transfer was not there. Checked my account balance... sure enough, TD debited the account. Checked with my daughter an hour later... she didn't get the email notification. Called TD customer support: they are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. Four hours later it is still not resolved.
TD cancelled and refunded the transfer 24 hours later.

Fun fact: Interac e-Transfers has their own customer service line, independent from the bank. They can look up your e-transfers by your email address. They don't ask any security questions. :wink:
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing super slow response on TD Easy Web over the last month.

I thought it might clear up, but Easy Web is painfully slow for a very long time now. TD Broker is just fine.

Or is it just me?
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

My data point is responsiveness on both TD Easy Web and WebBroker have been within expectations and quick for me. It includes cases where I log into one service and then switch over to the other service.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

Peculiar_Investor wrote: 16 May 2023 16:08 My data point is responsiveness on both TD Easy Web and WebBroker have been within expectations and quick for me. It includes cases where I log into one service and then switch over to the other service.
Interesting. I experience the same problem whether I log directly into Easy Web or where I log into WebBroker and then switch over to EasyWeb.

I can wait 10-15 seconds sometimes when I select a simple action such as switching between my chequing account and TD VISA account. Every action on the site is laboriously slow.

I can't think of any actions to take to speed it up. They don't seem to have any "feedback or complaints buttons". I'll suffer the slow response before I would ever try and phone them. That would be an exercise in worse frustration.

ltr
SQRT
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by SQRT »

My response times are fine for both Easy Web and Web Broker. Easy Web maybe a little faster. Being able to switch back and forth is a key advantage. I use mostly the mobile version for the basic stuff. Internet version has more functionality though, especially within Web Broker.
Bylo Selhi
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Bylo Selhi »

Ditto here. Generaly no performance problems with EasyWeb or WebBroker.

There are occasional delays or even outages but they tend to get fixed quickly.
OnlyMyOpinion
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by OnlyMyOpinion »

like_to_retire wrote: 16 May 2023 16:20 ...
I can wait 10-15 seconds sometimes when I select a simple action such as switching between my chequing account and TD VISA account. Every action on the site is laboriously slow.
ltr
You mention switching to your TD Visa account.
Specific to viewing the TD Visa account - I find it slow to load now as well. They made a change sometime earlier this year? and it now loads multiple months of statements by default. This loading is slow. Once loaded, you can then choose the most recent or a specific statement period.
The 'download as a csv file' for your TD Visa is also different (and more obscure) now. It used to look and download very similar to your chq acc statement.
Whatever the reason, the change is a step backwards and is irritating. The wisdom of some propeller head I suppose.
Eclectic12
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Eclectic12 »

Ten to fifteen seconds to switch from chequing to TD Visa?
I wonder what's different as it is two to four seconds for me.

I download the PDF forms which come up from the "Inbox - New statements" link in about one to two seconds.

Cheers
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

Eclectic12 wrote: 17 May 2023 07:44 Ten to fifteen seconds to switch from chequing to TD Visa?
I wonder what's different as it is two to four seconds for me.

I download the PDF forms which come up from the "Inbox - New statements" link in about one to two seconds.
Thanks Eclectic. I tried the "Inbox - New statements" link as a test and it took 24 seconds to get to the New statements. Clicking on a statement then took 5 seconds, and downloading it was instant. Then clicking to go back to "Accounts" page took 26 seconds.

So I took this opportunity to try this on my laptop, (which is an equally high end machine as my desktop is), and found EasyWeb was instantaneous. So I guess that points to something weird with my desktop and the specific EasyWeb website. I cleared all cookies and cache for TD.COM and that didn't help at all.

I guess my solution will be to use my laptop for EasyWeb.

ltr
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

Are you using the same browser (and OS) on the desktop and laptop? Are there any differences in browser add-ons/extensions?

If you are using an ad-blocker, maybe try whitelisting the td.com domain to see if that makes any difference.

Depending on your technical skills, you could also try your browser's Inspector (DevTools or similar) and in particular try the Network tab and reload or switch pages. It should provide timings and potentially help identify the cause of the long delay you are experiencing.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
pmj
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by pmj »

This isn't a fix, but it helps in determining if the problem is local.
I've had "success" at some tardy websites by using incognito mode. If that loads properly, it's probably local. If it's just as tardy, it still might be either.
Peter

Patrick Hutber: Improvement means deterioration
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

Peculiar_Investor wrote: 17 May 2023 09:18 Are you using the same browser (and OS) on the desktop and laptop? Are there any differences in browser add-ons/extensions?
Yeah, I only use Chrome as I am really use to it now. All my changes move between my mobile and desktop and laptop seamlessly.
Peculiar_Investor wrote: 17 May 2023 09:18 If you are using an ad-blocker, maybe try whitelisting the td.com domain to see if that makes any difference.
Yeah, I have always had TD on the whitelist (uBlock Origin).
Peculiar_Investor wrote: 17 May 2023 09:18 Depending on your technical skills, you could also try your browser's Inspector (DevTools or similar) and in particular try the Network tab and reload or switch pages. It should provide timings and potentially help identify the cause of the long delay you are experiencing.
Mmm, I think I better pass on that level of messing around.

ltr
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

pmj wrote: 17 May 2023 09:26 This isn't a fix, but it helps in determining if the problem is local.
I've had "success" at some tardy websites by using incognito mode. If that loads properly, it's probably local. If it's just as tardy, it still might be either.
Yikes, I tried the incognito mode and EasyWeb works perfectly. I have no idea what incognito mode even does. I never used it before.

ltr
Bylo Selhi
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Bylo Selhi »

like_to_retire wrote: 17 May 2023 09:41 Yeah, I have always had TD on the whitelist (uBlock Origin).
Do you have any other extensions installed?
like_to_retire wrote: 17 May 2023 09:42Yikes, I tried the incognito mode and EasyWeb works perfectly. I have no idea what incognito mode even does. I never used it before.
See How Chrome Incognito keeps your browsing private. By default all extensions are disabled in Incognito mode. That suggests another extension apart from uBO is causing issues.

Another test would be to login to EasyWeb using Microsoft Edge browser. This is installed on all current Windows systems. It's based on Chrome so the user interface is the same. But it's independent of Chrome so it won't have any extensions or other customizations. (When you start it, the Borg will ask if you want to make Edge your default browser. Just say no.)
Spudd
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Spudd »

like_to_retire wrote: 17 May 2023 09:42
pmj wrote: 17 May 2023 09:26 This isn't a fix, but it helps in determining if the problem is local.
Yikes, I tried the incognito mode and EasyWeb works perfectly. I have no idea what incognito mode even does. I never used it before.

ltr
It doesn't use your cookies, or allow the website you're visiting to store cookies. It points to a cookie problem if incognito works and your usual doesn't. I see Bylo posted before me and suggested an extension problem - that may also be the case. But I tend to think they've hidden a cookie you missed deleting and that's what's causing the trouble.
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

delete
Last edited by like_to_retire on 17 May 2023 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

Bylo Selhi wrote: 17 May 2023 09:52Do you have any other extensions installed?
Only uBlock and McAfee.
Bylo Selhi wrote: 17 May 2023 09:52 Another test would be to login to EasyWeb using Microsoft Edge browser.
OK, so I tried Edge (sure looks a lot like Chrome) and it works perfectly. So that's definitely a workaround.

ltr
Last edited by like_to_retire on 17 May 2023 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
Bylo Selhi
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Bylo Selhi »

like_to_retire wrote: 17 May 2023 10:06
Bylo Selhi wrote: 17 May 2023 09:52Do you have any other extensions installed?
Only uBlock and McAfee.
Bylo Selhi wrote: 17 May 2023 09:52 Another test would be to login to EasyWeb using Microsoft Edge browser.
OK, so I tried Edge (sure looks a lot like Chrome) and it works perfectly. So that's definitely a workaround.

ltr
Then as Spudd suggests, Clear cache & cookies. Then try again in regular Chrome and see if the issue is resolved.

And yes Edge looks like Chrome in ravening wolves' clothing :twisted:
OnlyMyOpinion
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by OnlyMyOpinion »

like_to_retire wrote: 17 May 2023 10:06
LTR, can you please confirm if this is specific to viewing your TD Visa account?

As i noted upthread, that is where I notice an EasyWeb performance issue, and it is related to the changes they made in the way our credit card account activity posts. It now posts history back 7 months to November 2022 (6 statements?). If you put everything onto your CC as we do, that is a lot of line items. When I chose to 'print' the loaded webpage, it came to 17 pages (I don't print this way, I just wanted to know how large the loaded webpage was). There seems to be no way to change the default.

When I chose the TD Visa account from the drop down menu, it took 30 seconds to load the (17 pages of) account activity (till the little 'loading circle' thing stopped spinning). This is on our 2014 vintage Win7 laptop, current Firefox browser. On our 2019 vintage Win10 (current) SSD laptop with current Firefox, it took 15 sec to load completely. Firefox cache and cookies are cleared on every close.

So in our case, computer + size of credit card history.
But the problem was created by the website credit card changes that TD made.
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

OnlyMyOpinion wrote: 17 May 2023 10:52
LTR, can you please confirm if this is specific to viewing your TD Visa account?
No, it's the whole EasyWeb site. Every switch between "Account" or "Statements" or "TD VISA" or "Bills", etc, offers a large delay until it finally responds.

I guess I'll have to take Bylo's advise and clear all the cache and cookies. I always hesitate to perform that move since I will spend the next week having to reenter all my passwords, etc. Particularly tough when I'm out and I need to access something on my mobile and of course I have no idea what all my passwords are. Anyway, that's what I'll try next.

ltr