print your own cheques

Banking and Saving strategies, maximizing interest rates, budgeting, GICs, HISAs.
CROCKD
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: print your own cheques

Post by CROCKD »

I get 100 free cheques per year from my credit union. Looking at my records for this year I used 20 cheques so 100 is ca. a 5 year supply. I also write my year end donations by cheque. My credit union mails me a monthly statement with images of any cheques issued in the month.
Most of my bills including CRA tax installments are EFT.
" A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it is written on " Samuel Goldwyn
"The light at the end of the tunnel may be a freight train coming your way" Metallica - No Leaf Clover
Koogie
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Koogie »

Quebec wrote:Just a quick update to say that I've received my ASAP cheques quickly after my order and they look fine. Haven't tried them yet (I'm using the expensive BMO ones first).
Have to order some USD cheques for my business and was thinking of trying ASAP. How did you find the quality compared to your bank ones (probably backroom printed by D&H or NEBS) ?
adrian2
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by adrian2 »

Koogie wrote:
Quebec wrote:Just a quick update to say that I've received my ASAP cheques quickly after my order and they look fine. Haven't tried them yet (I'm using the expensive BMO ones first).
Have to order some USD cheques for my business and was thinking of trying ASAP. How did you find the quality compared to your bank ones (probably backroom printed by D&H or NEBS) ?
They look the same to me (no fancy images that I care for).
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki
“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.” [Richard P. Feynman, Nobel prize winner]
Koogie
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Koogie »

adrian2 wrote:
Koogie wrote:
They look the same to me (no fancy images that I care for).
Thanks. I had read some reviews that said the paper stock was flimsy and printing poor quality. At about 50% cheaper than D&H though, I'm willing to give them a try.