Vancouver Mortgage Broker

Leveraging, renting vs owning, making an investment or buying a home?
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Vancouver Mortgage Broker

Post by AltaRed »

I have a Vancouver based relative who is looking to make his first home purchase in the new year (albeit not in Vancouver). It will likely be an uninsured mortgage, i.e. LTV below 80% but now, of course, subject to the new qualifying rules. He is looking for some guidance about a 'good' mortgage broker he can work with in Vancouver and secondly any tips on what to watch out for with these brokers? Example: Are their best offerings sometimes with second tier lenders? Clearly he would like to stick with the same lender when the term comes up for renewal.

The ice age has come and gone since I have had a mortgage so I am of no help to him other than to recommend getting some flexibility on top up payments, etc. Any recommendations please.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
beachcomber
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Vancouver Mortgage Broker

Post by beachcomber »

One of our neighborhood kids became a mortgage broker about 20 years ago. So he's only a kid in my old eyes. I guess he's in his mid-forties now. He seems to have done quite well.

He was a good kid, and I believe him to be a person of high integrity.

His name is Yuki Urasaki. He works for Dominion Lending Centres, who have offices throughout the lower mainland. Think he presently works out of their Coquitlam office.

Check himout via Google or Facebook.
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

Thanks. I will pass on that info.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
Germack
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Germack »

Make sure that the mortgage broker buys down the rate. Best mortgage rates available are posted here:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/officia ... 1105/2682/

Best rates available right now are: 2.84% 5 year fixed or 2.15% 5 year variable.
JohnN2018
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by JohnN2018 »

If getting the best rate is important he might want to try an online discount broker. This is my mortgage broker. I couldn't find a lower rate anywhere else and their online application is pretty easy. They covered our appraisal cost too.

True North is pretty good also and it has locations (if that is important to you) but its rates are higher.

There are others like Butler Mortgage or Canwise but their websites don't evoke a sense of confidence and professionalism IMO and their Google reviews are less positive.