Any suggestions for ETFs or Mutual Funds

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
Kevinbaker
Contributor
Contributor

Any suggestions for ETFs or Mutual Funds

Post by Kevinbaker »

Hello,

I just cashed my money from the stock market, and wanna put money in ETFs or Mutual Funds. I usually invest VGTSX. I try to know more other ETFs or Mutual Funds, so that I can make a better decision. Can anyone provide some suggestions?

I wanna maximum my value of money.

adrian2
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: Any suggestions for ETFs or Mutual Funds

Post by adrian2 »

Kevinbaker wrote: 05 Feb 2018 10:09 I just cashed my money from the stock market, and wanna put money in ETFs or Mutual Funds.
Rephrased:
I'm a farmer, raising chickens, quails, turkeys and ducks. I want to stop doing that and raise poultry. :P
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki
“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.” [Richard P. Feynman, Nobel prize winner]
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

Kevinbaker wrote: 05 Feb 2018 10:09 I usually invest VGTSX.
That is a Vanguard US mutual fund, which leads me to believe that you are US based. If so, the Bogleheads.org forum might be a more suitable place to be asking these questions.
Good starting points. Our wiki article, Simple index portfolios - finiki, the Canadian financial wiki, provides some ideas.

Lastly, have you reviewed the discussions in your previous topics, Mutual Fund vs. ETF and Foreign Funds as they contain useful guidance.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
projomni
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by projomni »

what do you do now when all the markets are at the peak?
List like this are not helpful IMO: https://money.usnews.com/funds/mutual-f ... arge-value (not Canadian enough)
Here is a trimmed down version of the list of best active and passive mutual funds that's a bit better: https://www.finstead.com/posts/best-mutual-funds-2018 but I'd like to see more fixed income funds frankly.