NXR.UN - Nexus REIT

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
rokman
Contributor
Contributor

NXR.UN - Nexus REIT

Post by rokman »

I had written down a note in the spring of 2014 in my stock tracking booklet to keep an eye on Edgefront REIT (ED.UN)

In Feb. 2017 it merged with Noble REIT to form Nexus REIT (CVE:NXR.UN) to create a portfolio of real estate worth $300M CAD, over 2.1M sq ft.

It has been floating around the $2/share mark since its inception and it pays a $0.01/share dividend. It is predominantly focused on the Greater Quebec City Area and the Greater Montreal Area.

It's portfolio of property ownership includes Canadian Tire, BMO, Staples, Sobeys, Metro, National Bank, Dollarama, Walmart and Expedia to name a few.

I do not own NXR, however I am keeping an eye on it as a potential long term play.

rokman
Arby
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: NXR.UN - Nexus REIT

Post by Arby »

I haven't looked into Nexus, but if I was looking for a REIT that is focused in the Quebec City and Montreal areas, then I would consider Cominar over Nexus. Nexus is a very small REIT with a limited track record. Cominar is well diversified into office, retail, and industrial properties, and has 10 times the market cap of Nexus.
rokman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rokman »

Thanks for mentioning, Arby. Cominar looks great. They've cut back their monthly dividend from $0.125 to $0.095 as of last fall, a distribution value not seen since 2004. I see they sold off over $1B of assets in order to pay off debts as well. It's a great looking REIT.
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

In case you (or others) haven`t found it, there is a topic dedicated to discussion of Cominar CUF.UN.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams