Best REIT brokers for new investor?

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
saharasunset
Newcomer
Newcomer

Best REIT brokers for new investor?

Post by saharasunset »

Hi everyone,

I'm a female in my late 20s and I want to invest in a source of passive income. After much research I've decided that a REIT is the best option for me because of the simplicity of investing in real estate this way, and because of the low out of pocket cost to invest. I know that I have a lot more research to do on this subject but

Can anyone share which REIT brokers/companies are best for a new investor in the United States?

Who should I get started with and why?

Is there anyone I should avoid?

I'm planning to invest in properties here in the USA but if it's possible, would it be more profitable for me to invest in a REIT that owns properties overseas?

Thank you for any guidance!
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: Best REIT brokers for new investor?

Post by AltaRed »

This is a Canadian forum for mostly Canadian investors. Not sure many here could help, but you might check out our sister forum in the USA https://www.bogleheads.org/
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

Welcome to FWF. We are a Canadian based investing forum. Since you indicate you are U.S. based, you might want to try our sister site, https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/index.php, are they are largely focused on broad based index investing.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
saharasunset
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by saharasunset »

Sorry about posting here then! Thank you for the links to your American forum. :thumbsup:
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

saharasunset wrote: 03 Nov 2017 09:07 Sorry about posting here then! Thank you for the links to your American forum. :thumbsup:
Not a problem. Our tagline indicates "Where Canadian Investors Meet for Financial Education and Empowerment" but it doesn't appear on mobile devices, so we periodically get non-Canadian focused questions. We do our best to help and/or redirect if we think the answer might be elsewhere.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams