Long term mutual fund data

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
Rhinox87
Contributor
Contributor

Long term mutual fund data

Post by Rhinox87 »

Long time lurker with first post. I've learnt lots from this forum over the years.

I am curious about the performance of some long alpha-generating mutual funds during different market regimes - particular value out-performance led and growth out-performance led. In particular, as Mawer Funds are not the cheapest in terms of their stock holding's multiples but may be ranked fairly high on quality metrics, I wanted to find out their performance in value out-performance era such as 2002-2007. So, is there a way to extract long term price data, preferably with monthly time points for mutual funds? As I stated earlier I'm interested in a time-span longer than 10 years, potentially from the inception date onwards. I can write price-grabber in google sheets to get data from google finance but that doesn't go beyond Dec. 2007 and adding dividends isn't straightforward.

Some of the mutual funds I'd like to get data for include Mawer funds and O'Shaughnessy funds.
Thegipper
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: Long term mutual fund data

Post by Thegipper »

most funds from 2002 aren't around anymore. Another reason to avoid them.
Shakespeare
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Shakespeare »

Sic transit gloria mundi. Tuesday is usually worse. - Robert A. Heinlein, Starman Jones
Rhinox87
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rhinox87 »

Shakespeare wrote: 17 Jun 2017 01:09 Try G&M.

Fund Quote - The Globe and Mail
Thank you!