What did you Buy? What might you buy? (2017)

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
lacrosse905
Contributor
Contributor

Re: What did you Buy? What might you buy? (2017)

Post by lacrosse905 »

I currently own pipeline stocks ie: Pembina/TRP/Interpipeline/Enbridge/ENF but got rid of all the oil stock a long time ago. I am looking at Arc Energy
which is about$14.50 and Crescent Point at under 10 bucks. What are the thoughts out there on these two, we collected a lot of dividends on them over the years and I see Arc's dividend is about 4.4. not bad even if we have to wait for awhile, does anyone see any growth. Any comments
Hogwild
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Hogwild »

Bought 313 shares of TD.PF.C @ 22.95. This is a rate-reset preferred. My yield-on-cost will be about 4%. I believe Mr. (US) Market is overheating now and may experience a bit of a pullback in the near- to mid-term. This may eventually lead lead to a mild flight to safety. Of course, there's the possibility of eventual CDN rate increases and/or the shares being called. Reset date is 2020.
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

I don't think that pref will get called since it is a 225bp low spread reset....unless GoC5 rates get close to the 3% range. Mind you, I would love to see at least 2.5% GoC5 rates in 2019/2020 since I have a few prefs that reset in that window of time. Long ways to go to get there.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
deaddog
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by deaddog »

Bought some WEED today when it made a new high. ($21.98)

Last couple days price action suggested it might breakout for another run.

Will exit if 3ma drops below the 8ma and continues to drop.

Less than 1% of portfolio at risk.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days" RW Hubbard
Thegipper
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Thegipper »

I bought a 10k position in CM. I was impressed with the earnings it is getting from it's US acquisition. Something like 18% of earnings and strong guidance of growth in 2018. Just may-be this bank is starting to making the right moves.
jay
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jay »

jay wrote: 01 Dec 2017 09:51 Started a position in Gain Capital Holdings Inc, NYSE:GCAP, the online trading company behind forex.com and City Index. I am mainly interested in it as a way to ride the bitcoin wave and it happens to have decent fundamentals. Paid $8.05/share
Added to GCAP at $8.5. Price finally moving. This is a real, profitable and established company, unlike all the craziness we have seen in the crypto space lately.
kenwood
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kenwood »

Bought ROBO, a ETF of robotic and automation related companies. This is my only tech related holding.
beachcomber
Contributor
Contributor

Post by beachcomber »

Am now fishing for 500 CNR, after selling 500 ENB today after a 6 week hold with a tidy profit. Earlier posts on an ENB thread hopefully explain the turnaround. Cheers, and may our collective prosperity continue through 2018 :-)