TDDI - New WebBroker interface

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
adrian2
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: TD Direct Investing (was Waterhouse) Service

Post by adrian2 »

BRIAN5000 wrote:Anyone able to launch advanced dashboard at TDDI this morning? :evil:
Yes, no problems.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki
“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.” [Richard P. Feynman, Nobel prize winner]
CROCKD
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: TDDI - New WebBroker interface

Post by CROCKD »

As usual the genius software people never seem to be able to visualize how their clients utilized what was there before. Got the usual email that my December statements were available which I usually download as PDFs to file. So after following stepthru for the new interface found myself looking at my information in the new format and could not see anywhere to down load statements. So saw back to old Webroker and the estatements tab.
I will continue to use the old UI as long as it is available.
" A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it is written on " Samuel Goldwyn
"The light at the end of the tunnel may be a freight train coming your way" Metallica - No Leaf Clover
GreatLaker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GreatLaker »

CROCKD wrote:So after following stepthru for the new interface found myself looking at my information in the new format and could not see anywhere to down load statements. So saw back to old Webroker and the estatements tab.
Click Accounts then under Account Details click Documents (eServices)
When I was young, I was poor. Now, after years of hard work, I am no longer young.
brucecohen
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by brucecohen »

I was using the new interface. Today I signed in for the first time since the new year began and was surprised to see the old interface come up.
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: TD Direct Investing (was Waterhouse) Service

Post by BRIAN5000 »

BRIAN5000 wrote:Anyone able to launch advanced dashboard at TDDI this morning? :evil:
I closed a bunch of programs and ADB seems to be opening fine now, must just be my computer.
This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed
Spidey
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Spidey »

Not really related to the new WebBroker interface but I just discovered that TD doesn't allow online transfers from a TFSA account. The only way to do it is to wait on line to speak to a broker. Somewhat annoying and as I told the fellow, part of the reason of the TFSA is as a saving account to be transferred when I need it. I know that Tangerine has no problem with this. Apparently TD is working on this but there won't be a fix until perhaps the end of the year.
If life seems jolly rotten, then there's something you've forgotten -- and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing. - Eric Idle
HardWorker
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by HardWorker »

brucecohen wrote:I was using the new interface. Today I signed in for the first time since the new year began and was surprised to see the old interface come up.
You can choose either interface, for now anyways. I find the new one much more intuitive and cleaner.
ontario99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ontario99 »

Does anybody know how to draw multiple *horizontal* lines on the charts? I called Support but they didn't know how (such lame support)...
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

ontario99 wrote:Does anybody know how to draw multiple *horizontal* lines on the charts? I called Support but they didn't know how (such lame support)...
Do you mean lines that you add yourself to the chart using the EDIT button?

If so, then you draw one line and then exit out of EDIT by selecting NOTES (for example) and then go back into EDIT and draw a second line, etc, etc.

Like this?
Capture.JPG
ltr
ontario99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ontario99 »

Thank you for your post, like_2_retire. I think I know how to put broken up slanted lines. I want to know how to put multiple perfectly flat(horizontal) lines for the whole chart duration. When you bring up the chart, I can have one single line that I can stationalize by clicking on it once, but I need more lines to indicate previous support lines and resistance lines, etc.

Like this image on this page..
http://priceaction.com/blog/articles/wh ... egy/#close
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

ontario99 wrote:Does anybody know how to draw multiple *horizontal* lines on the charts?
It would be helpful to know the strategy, information or data that you are trying to model.
ontario99 wrote:I need more lines to indicate previous support lines and resistance lines, etc.
Ahh, technical analysis. I don't use it, but I do know the TD DI offers it. Rather than the Charts tab, head over the to Technicals tab. From the Help button, check out https://technicals.td.com/serve.shtml?page=chart_guide for more details of what they offer.

I hope I've interpreted your queries correctly and these help to answer.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
ontario99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ontario99 »

Peculiar_Investor wrote:
ontario99 wrote:Does anybody know how to draw multiple *horizontal* lines on the charts?
It would be helpful to know the strategy, information or data that you are trying to model.
ontario99 wrote:I need more lines to indicate previous support lines and resistance lines, etc.
Ahh, technical analysis. I don't use it, but I do know the TD DI offers it. Rather than the Charts tab, head over the to Technicals tab. From the Help button, check out https://technicals.td.com/serve.shtml?page=chart_guide for more details of what they offer.

I hope I've interpreted your queries correctly and these help to answer.
Thank you for your response. I am not sure what you mean by "Technicals" tab... Where is that? What I usually do is go to
Add Custom View -> Flex sheet -> Template 1 x 1 and click on the + sign in the middle of the screen and choose Chart. Once the Chart is chosen, I add the ticker symbol to bring up the chart and then I want to add multiple horizontal lines here. I don't know where I am supposed to enter
https://technicals.td.com/serve.shtml?page=chart_guide either. When I enter that at the address line of my browser, it takes me to some kind of error screen.

Anyway, it looks like the only way to get horizontal lines is to choose single line from tools -> tools and markers and then try to make each single line I add totally horizontal. Advanced Dashboard may work for me, but without much help from Support and with no manuals, I will have to go elsewhere since the learning curve may be too much, although I got this for free for the next 90 days.
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

ontario99 wrote:I am not sure what you mean by "Technicals" tab... Where is that?
Select RESEARCH, then STOCKS, then the last tab is TECHNICALS.

ltr
ontario99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ontario99 »

like_to_retire wrote:
ontario99 wrote:I am not sure what you mean by "Technicals" tab... Where is that?
Select RESEARCH, then STOCKS, then the last tab is TECHNICALS.

ltr
Thanks again. I am using Advanced Dashboard and I don't see any STOCKS tab. Anyway, in the meantime, I installed Think or Swim and I already figured out how to put the horizontal lines (Thnk or Swim lets me!) and moving averages of my choice I think I will be using Think or Swim instead at this point (It is much more intuitive than TDDI Advanced Dashboard at least to me), so no worries.
GreatLaker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GreatLaker »

Online TFSA withdrawals are now available in WebBroker. I received the following notification today:
We hope you've had an opportunity to explore the new WebBroker experience. The site's been completely redesigned based on your feedback, and you can look forward to many additional enhancements in the coming months.

Today, we're pleased to share that you can now complete withdrawals from your Canadian dollar Tax-Free Savings Account to Canadian dollar non-registered TD Direct Investing and TD Canada Trust accounts. In the new WebBroker, simply select 'Transfers' in the main navigation menu.

We hope you enjoy this convenient new feature. If you require technical assistance, please call 1-844-455-4505. We're here 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Thank you for choosing TD Direct Investing.
When I was young, I was poor. Now, after years of hard work, I am no longer young.
2 yen
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by 2 yen »

Changed my mind on not liking the new version. It's got a lot of good features and notifications.

2 yen
pmj
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by pmj »

Not impressed with new alerts, implemented today. In the previous incarnation, price alerts were triggered when a stock crossed a threshold in a selected direction. Today I'm receiving alerts for every stock that is below the threshold. Already turned it off for my work email.

The new alerts all require scrolling, whereas the old format (which had less info, but lots of spare space) fitted into the screen much more efficiently.

And like many of TD's & TDDI's recent improvements, the line spacing on just about every list has increased, again requiring more scrolling.
Peter

Patrick Hutber: Improvement means deterioration
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

2 yen wrote:Changed my mind on not liking the new version. It's got a lot of good features and notifications.
I still haven't changed my mind, I still prefer the old interface. Much easier to use.

As long as I'm nit-picking, there's another couple things that I don't like about it.
Every time I log in they tell me how much I lost yesterday. I'm getting a bit fatigued at seeing their announcement on my front page when I log in that I've lost $10,000 yesterday - again. So much for advising people to take the long view and don't look at your daily ups and downs. I just don't need to see that every day.

I also don't like that banner at the top that jumps around all the time when I scroll up and down to look at something. There's no need for the page to jump like it does - I've seen very smooth top banners on many other web sites, so it's just a programming issue.

ltr
chufinora
Contributor
Contributor

Post by chufinora »

I turned the new interface off a couple of months ago. I will wait until it is a forced upgrade.
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

chufinora wrote:I will wait until it is a forced upgrade.
+1
schmuck
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by schmuck »

IdOp wrote:
+1
+2
DenisD
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by DenisD »

pmj wrote:Not impressed with new alerts, implemented today.
Me neither. Got my first dividend alert from the new system today. More unnecessary and irrelevant information. But less required information. No record date! No pay date! [ThumbsDown]

Unless this is fixed, I'll have to find another way. At least, if I decide to use another method, I can suspend all my TDDI alerts with one click.
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

I am really depressed by this thread. I have not tried the new interface (do you take me for a fool!?) but I do own TD stock.

And I am worried about having to knuckle under some day to these bureaucrats!
For the fun of it...Keith
6miths
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 6miths »

schmuck wrote:
IdOp wrote:
+1
+2
+3
always_learning
Contributor
Contributor

Post by always_learning »

6miths wrote:
schmuck wrote:
IdOp wrote: +1
+2