TDDI - New WebBroker interface

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
milton
Contributor
Contributor

Re: TDDI - New WebBroker interface

Post by milton »

always_learning wrote:
6miths wrote:
schmuck wrote: +2
+3
+4
+5
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

IdOp wrote:
chufinora wrote:I will wait until it is a forced upgrade.
+1
+6
For the fun of it...Keith
gsp_
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by gsp_ »

-1. :wink:

As someone who resists change and especially gets annoyed at "change just for the sake of change", I can certainly understand the responses above. I've posted repeatedly in the past about annoying TD interface changes that provided no substance. As such, I was initially annoyed by yet another change which I assumed was more of the same. I was even more annoyed with the change from GI Gold level II quotes to Advanced Dashboard and its steep learning curve.

I would suggest that users who actually want to give the new WB a chance go watch the videos explaining the new features and try them out as you pause the video. This will likely take 1-3 hours of your time. Only you can decide if it's worth it for you. I can totally relate if you decide it's not and you just want to maintain the status quo.

Personally as reticent as I was when these changes were introduced, I now prefer both the new WB and AD for their added features. The short time investment for WB was well worth it for me. The massive amount of time spent trying to learn AD by mostly trial and error I'm not so sure about.

Just figured I'd add my dissenting view so anyone faced with the change could see it can potentially be worth the small time investment. This isn't just the usual prettying up with no functionality improvement.
HardWorker
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by HardWorker »

gsp_ wrote:-1. :wink:
Same here. I watched the videos as well and just started playing around with the new interface, and it took an hour, tops.

I found the old interface clumsy and not well put together. It was like an old century home that had multiple additions added on over the decades. The new one is cleaner and tidier, and once you customize it a little to your liking, it becomes very easy to find all the info very quickly and intuitively.

And speaking of old and dated, my wife asked for a little help to navigate her RBC mutual fund online, and good lord, talk about flashback to the 90s :shock:
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Re: TD Direct Investing (was Waterhouse) Service

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

From a while back:
like_to_retire wrote:I go to the new and wonderful TDDI software to inspect my "Real Time" cash in the non-registered account to be sure the $5500 is there. I can't find it anywhere.

So, I revert back to the tried and true old TDDI software, and there is my transferred cash by simply selecting "Cash Details", that reveals 'Settled Cash' and 'Cash on Hold' and 'Cash Balance'. It's all so darn easy to understand. I search and search for this in the new and improved TDDI software and it's nowhere to be found.
Based on what I saw this morning when I logged in, I think they've addressed this one. The Accounts Balances page now shows a Real-time Cash tab. Also, the Account Summary pages now also show an Activity tab rather than the somewhat confusing History tab.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

Peculiar_Investor wrote:Based on what I saw this morning when I logged in, I think they've addressed this one. The Accounts Balances page now shows a Real-time Cash tab. Also, the Account Summary pages now also show an Activity tab rather than the somewhat confusing History tab.
Yep, and I just saw that yesterday. I am pleased they changed that silly History Tab to Activity, just like the old interface. In fact. most changes they've made have simply reverted to the way the old interface did it. Go figure.

ltr
Arby
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Arby »

With regard to the discontinuation of the GlobeInvester platform on TDDI, has anybody taken the TDDI offer to transfer your historical portfolio data to the Globe & Mail's GlobeInvestorGOLD platform? TTDI is offering to reimburse the GIG $23.99 monthly fee until May 2016. Just wondering if you can cancel the GIG service after May?
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

Arby wrote:With regard to the discontinuation of the GlobeInvester platform on TDDI, has anybody taken the TDDI offer to transfer your historical portfolio data to the Globe & Mail's GlobeInvestorGOLD platform? TTDI is offering to reimburse the GIG $23.99 monthly fee until May 2016. Just wondering if you can cancel the GIG service after May?
No doubt you can cancel after May, but not interested.

Not in a million years would I pay $23.99 a month for Level II quotes after receiving them for free for as long as I can remember with a Presidents account at TDWH.

Reimburse, cancel, schmancel, GlobeInvestorGOLD platform, blah. TDDI has severely pissed me off, and no doubt I can phone up and get Level II quotes for free as others have done, but I'm just not interested in begging them for the privilege.

ltr
6miths
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 6miths »

Was speaking to a rep on Wednesday and she was asking me about the new interface. I have been using it on and off but not in love. She pointed out that the old interface will no longer be available starting in July. Don't know if that has been pointed out upthread. Oh well. Change is inevitable! Resistance is futile!!! Live long and prosper...
pmj
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by pmj »

Amongst other frustrations, many lists are now so-much spaced-out that way more scrolling is required :(.

Maybe they're making everything "finger-scrollable" for mobile apps :shock:.
Peter

Patrick Hutber: Improvement means deterioration
Latebuyer
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Latebuyer »

I just discovered you can change the first page you see when you log in to web broker to the holdings page for one of your accounts. Go to accounts/change site preferences. Personally i may try to use the mobile app for trade more. It is very annoying how slow it is to load on my tablet.
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: TDDI - WeBorken

Post by IdOp »

6miths wrote:She pointed out that the old interface will no longer be available starting in July. Don't know if that has been pointed out upthread. Oh well. Change is inevitable! Resistance is futile!!! Live long and prosper...
When I tried to log in today, while waiting for TD's servers to dole out their bytes, there was something different. Instead of the usual "Please wait while we retrieve your profile" message, there was a spinning partial green circle. Looked like javascript had arrived for work early. After 5+ minutes of downloading (over dial-up), the CPU was still running flat out. I left to do something else and half an hour later still the same thing, spinning circle and CPU maxed. So I killed the tab and logged in again. This time it eventually got somewhere and, indeed, I had been transitioned to the new WeBorken, without even any warning. The first link I clicked was back to the old one. Never thought it would look so good. Not looking forward to July. Maybe should look forward to another broker. But resistance is futile.
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

I suspect most sites are transitioning to something more mobile friendly. BMO IL recentiy overhauled its Fixed Income tab and ISTM it would be more mobile friendly (have not logged in via my BMO IL app to test that theory yet).
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

Yep, RBCDI has a new look coming too, with reminders every time you log in. :( Hopefully it's good for mobile, as it's very important for people to be able to trade every time they have a spare minute or two during their busy days. :)
Bylo Selhi
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Bylo Selhi »

IdOp wrote:Hopefully it's good for mobile, as it's very important for people to be able to trade every time they have a spare minute or two during their busy days. :)
I imagine their real concern is that it's very important to RBC shareholders that people are able to trade every time they have a spare minute or two during their busy days :rofl:
Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity and prolixity.
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

Biased review of the new interface
Boomer and Echo wrote:Please note this post has been brought to you in partnership with TD, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
FWIW
For the fun of it...Keith
ghariton
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by ghariton »

New interface, same old crappy service
This Web Service is currently not available. Service will be restored shortly so please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience. For further assistance, please call the EBS Helpdesk
The juice is worth the squeeze
Arby
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Arby »

A question about the Level II quotes on TDDI's Advanced Dashboard. The old Level II quotes interface from Globeinvestor provided a rolling ticker that showed the size and price of the latest trades of the stock. I can't find that ticker on the Level II quotes screen on Advanced Dashboard. Is a similar ticker available on somewhere on Advanced Dashboard?
adrian2
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by adrian2 »

Click on the Analytics tab in the level II widget (may need to refresh it manually).
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki
“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.” [Richard P. Feynman, Nobel prize winner]
Arby
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Arby »

Thanks Adrian. I wouldn't have found that hidden feature on my own. It's not as useful as the real-time scrolling ticker on the old Level II interface.
CROCKD
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by CROCKD »

This new interface is a damn PITA.

I am trying to buy something for my TFSA. I went in to change the order. All I get is order status - nowhere the option to cancel or modify the order.
BMO is a much more friendly broker to deal with these days!
" A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it is written on " Samuel Goldwyn
"The light at the end of the tunnel may be a freight train coming your way" Metallica - No Leaf Clover
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

I tried to sell a HISA today but it was no longer possible on the old WebBroker (seems all mutual fund orders have been so moved). So I called in instead of using the new one.
Spudd
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Spudd »

CROCKD wrote:This new interface is a damn PITA.

I am trying to buy something for my TFSA. I went in to change the order. All I get is order status - nowhere the option to cancel or modify the order.
BMO is a much more friendly broker to deal with these days!
When you click on the order status, to the right of the order you will see a pencil icon in a circle, click on that to modify the order.
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

Spudd wrote:When you click on the order status, to the right of the order you will see a pencil icon in a circle, click on that to modify the order.
I wonder why they didn't just place a button on the screen labelled MODIFY.

ltr
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

like_to_retire wrote:I wonder why they didn't just place a button on the screen labelled MODIFY.
Could be because that wouldn't look like a smartphone.