TDDI - New WebBroker interface

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
pmj
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: TDDI - New WebBroker interface

Post by pmj »

I thought that previously I could view cash in an account in the Holdings view for that account - either in the holdings list, or possibly at the top? I can't find an easy way of doing this now, except by changing to another page, and back again.
Peter

Patrick Hutber: Improvement means deterioration
Spudd
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Spudd »

pmj wrote:I thought that previously I could view cash in an account in the Holdings view for that account - either in the holdings list, or possibly at the top? I can't find an easy way of doing this now, except by changing to another page, and back again.
I'm not sure why you can't see it - it is indeed at the top. Here's a screenshot from mine (currently cash-free!).
Capture.PNG
iluvnascar
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by iluvnascar »

The "Watchlists" have the same number of quotes as the old "portfolio" screen. But there is much less info on the screen (unless you do a deep dive into a given symbol). Also, watchlists are not easily edited. In the old portfolio system, if I wanted to change the 5th stock to a different name - no problem. Now you have to "DELETE" it; then they all move up on the page; and the new one you add automatically becomes Number 10 on the page. Ruins alphabetical listings....or any other preferred sequence you might want. I find the whole system much less useful for my purposes.
pmj
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by pmj »

Spudd wrote:
pmj wrote:I thought that previously I could view cash in an account in the Holdings view for that account - either in the holdings list, or possibly at the top? I can't find an easy way of doing this now, except by changing to another page, and back again.
I'm not sure why you can't see it - it is indeed at the top. Here's a screenshot from mine (currently cash-free!).

Capture.PNG
Thanks!
Had to hit the + button next to the account name. And it looks to be "sticky" too - it perseveres across a logout. Now to see if it's there when I use a different browser.
Peter

tedster
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by tedster »

P-I wrote
That's definitely worth pursuing with the Ombudsman.
I have had some experience with the Ombudsman at CIBC. Never deal with them. They will only accept to read your claim if you waive all your rights to tell anyone about the facts of the case. Then they rule against you. The system is not being safer. A subaccount of an RRSP is still the same RRSP. How they can allow you to trade in the subaccount and not transfer is ridiculous. Of course, if you phone, they will do the transfer. So from some warm country in the winter?
chufinora
Contributor
Contributor

Post by chufinora »

Spudd wrote:

Capture.PNG
I have not been able to see that. Finally figured out you have to click on the +sign besides the account name to see :oops:

Sent in 3x surveys moaning about this feature loss?!! Still doesn't solve the problem that I cannot consolidate TDB8150 with cash, have to manually add them together, gets tedious for 8 different accounts each month.
schmuck
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by schmuck »

chufinora wrote:
Spudd wrote:

Capture.PNG
I have not been able to see that. Sent in 3x surveys moaning about this feature loss?!! Still doesn't solve the problem that I cannot consolidate TDB8150 with cash, have to manually add them together, gets tedious for 8 different accounts each month.
The only cash balance I can see on the opening page is the total cash from a dozen or more accounts. To find and move the cash into TDB8150, each account has to be opened separately. Also irritated by the new "quote" function that does not show daily or 52 day highs and lows, and volume...have to go to the "buy/sell" function for that.
Have not been able to find anything that I like about the new site and am concerned that all the useless crap will just make it more difficult to execute trades timely and efficiently.
The new format has obviously been designed by a bunch of techies who probably get some sort of orgasm from all the clicking and scrolling.
pmj
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by pmj »

schmuck wrote:The only cash balance I can see on the opening page is the total cash from a dozen or more accounts.
You can fix this by changing the Start Page from "Home" to "Balances" (Accounts - Change site preferences).
Peter

schmuck
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by schmuck »

pmj wrote:
schmuck wrote:The only cash balance I can see on the opening page is the total cash from a dozen or more accounts.
You can fix this by changing the Start Page from "Home" to "Balances" (Accounts - Change site preferences).
Thanks pmj
Not easy for an old dog to learn new tricks. :oops:
pmj
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by pmj »

schmuck wrote:Thanks pmj
Not easy for an old dog to learn new tricks. :oops:
My problem too!
But here's an improvement - with the + activated to display the extra panel with the cash balance, that additional panel stays on display when changing from "Holdings" to Activity" - so when checking TDDI against my Quicken register I can more easily see that I have caught all the divs, etc (when the cash balance matches) without constantly having to flip between the Holdings page and the Activity page :).
Peter

BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

My Advanced Dashboard got screwed up somehow wouldn't bring up my saved View. After waiting for Tec support for 20 minutes he said as long as it opens its the trader's problem and transferred me there. The trader helped a little but one of his suggestions smoked all my saved views. Careful which option you use. I was able to rebuild my main view and it kept my watch lists thank goodness. At least 45 minutes on the phone and some more work to get this back working. The only good news is the earnings tool will now pull earnings dates from my watch lists not the whole market which it wouldn't do before and TDW was not able to fix
This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed
adrian2
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by adrian2 »

BRIAN5000 wrote:My Advanced Dashboard got screwed up somehow wouldn't bring up my saved View.
The same thing happened to me. Clicking on "Today" (in the top left corner) restored all my stuff.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki
“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.” [Richard P. Feynman, Nobel prize winner]
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

Very good, I tried that and it sort of worked. I had 4 views set up and three worked but View 1, my main page, came up with an error message and locked up the screen with a swirly.
This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed
OnlyMyOpinion
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by OnlyMyOpinion »

Playing with this wonderful new interface :roll: I notice that the Gain & Loss tab for our trading account is reporting a capital loss on a strip bond that matured in May/16. How is that possible? Well it turns out the amount is equal to the accrued interest that was reported on our Jan/16 statement for this strip. TDDI only started reporting accrued interest on strips in 2015. Prior to that I tracked it and everything was hunky dory. I will have to keep an eye out to see how this accrued interest cum capital loss on the matured strip gets reported to the CRA.
The tab is reporting my other divested equity gains/losses correctly.
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

Sounds like a potential windfall with the CRA but too bad you have to maintain your spreadsheets.

I have been keeping them for so long, I think I will keep updating them for a couple of years until I gain confidence in their system.
For the fun of it...Keith
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

On the plus side, there are now 10 Watchlists available instead of 5.

On the minus side, Watchlists and Quotes are not working. :(
tedster
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by tedster »

It sounds like whoever they hired to create this interface, also did the Fed'l's Phoenix.
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

This one takes first prize.

* Page is quickly covered by a grey screen. After five minutes screen is still grey with not even an (x) in the upper right corner to get rid of it. What to do?

* Re-load page in the browser, eventually the grey screen re-appears. Better luck this time as there is now content on it.

* Content reads: "There are no messages to display." Click button to continue.

:evil: :roll: :roll:
OnlyMyOpinion
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by OnlyMyOpinion »

I do have a fairly large grey screen come up that advises me of long call wait times with a bunch of verbage around contributing to TSFA...., and a green click to continue button located at the bottom. It wasn't appearing earlier today. Is that what you are referring to?
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

OnlyMyOpinion wrote:I do have a fairly large grey screen come up that advises me of long call wait times with a bunch of verbage around contributing to TSFA...., and a green click to continue button located at the bottom. It wasn't appearing earlier today. Is that what you are referring to?
Yes and no. What I got was a message screen, but instead of there being messages such as you describe on it, it just said there are no messages. This was at about 1:45pm ET.
max88
Contributor
Contributor

Re: TD Direct Investing (was Waterhouse) Service

Post by max88 »

Does anyone know how/where to set ACB of stock with TDDI? I've done this before using the old webbroken interface. This is first time after the new webbroken interface, and I am lost in the improvement.
I am cautiously optimistic. When it goes up, I claim I have been optimistic; when it goes down, I claim I have been cautious.
Spudd
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Spudd »

max88 wrote:Does anyone know how/where to set ACB of stock with TDDI? I've done this before using the old webbroken interface. This is first time after the new webbroken interface, and I am lost in the improvement.
You cannot in the new system. You have to call in and get them to change it for you.
max88
Contributor
Contributor

Post by max88 »

^What?! Grrrr! I called yesterday to transfer shares from my account to wife's, both non-registered. The CSR says the transfer price cannot be set in that case, it can be set only if transferring to a registered account. I thought fine, I would do it myself afterwards. Now I'll have to call again.

Thanks for the reply.
I am cautiously optimistic. When it goes up, I claim I have been optimistic; when it goes down, I claim I have been cautious.
OnlyMyOpinion
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by OnlyMyOpinion »

max88 wrote:^What?! Grrrr! I called yesterday to transfer shares from my account to wife's, both non-registered. The CSR says the transfer price cannot be set in that case, it can be set only if transferring to a registered account. I thought fine, I would do it myself afterwards. Now I'll have to call again. Thanks for the reply.
The abiity to change book value yourself has been gone from TDDI for about a year I would say. Well before the old user interface was discontinued. As noted, you will have to followup with TDDI to get changes made. Good luck!
max88
Contributor
Contributor

Post by max88 »

Was on the phone with Jane@TDDI (fake name) for 15 minutes. Nice CSR with good phone manner. She says ACB of a stock cannot be changed over the phone. I have to go to a branch and fill out a form. She provided the form number. Despite my frustration of WTF?!, I remained calm and thankful for her help. I don't remember when was the last time I raise my voice over any phone call to any service provider.

Does anyone know if one really has to go to a branch to fill out a form in order to change ACB of a stock that has been transferred between accounts?