TDDI - New WebBroker interface

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: TDDI - New WebBroker interface

Post by BRIAN5000 »

Does anyone know if one really has to go to a branch to fill out a form in order to change ACB of a stock that has been transferred between accounts?
Sorry OT but how and what was the process like to transfer a stock from your account to her account, any charges, forms, you have POA's in place?
This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed
OnlyMyOpinion
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by OnlyMyOpinion »

max88 wrote:...Does anyone know if one really has to go to a branch to fill out a form in order to change ACB of a stock that has been transferred between accounts?
I went through this about a year ago. I had transferred some US stocks from the CDN side to the US side of our TDDI trading account. I didn't have or use a form, I wrote a letter and attached supporting documents (purchase confirmation slips, relevant monthly statements and correct BV calculations).
I'm afraid I can't recall where I sent it, whoever I spoke to on the phone must have provided me with an address.
I suspect the branch will know little about this but will be willing to forward the information on to TDDI.
I never did hear back from them, just checked a month or so later and found that the BV had been corrected.
max88
Contributor
Contributor

Post by max88 »

BRIAN5000 wrote:Sorry OT but how and what was the process like to transfer a stock from your account to her account, any charges, forms, you have POA's in place?
Just a phone call away. Free of charge, no forms to fill. Yes I have POA in place but that would not have been necessary for the transfer, only necessary for setting book value/ACB.
I am cautiously optimistic. When it goes up, I claim I have been optimistic; when it goes down, I claim I have been cautious.
max88
Contributor
Contributor

Post by max88 »

OnlyMyOpinion wrote:I went through this about a year ago. I had transferred some US stocks from the CDN side to the US side of our TDDI trading account. I didn't have or use a form, I wrote a letter and attached supporting documents (purchase confirmation slips, relevant monthly statements and correct BV calculations).
I'm afraid I can't recall where I sent it, whoever I spoke to on the phone must have provided me with an address.
I suspect the branch will know little about this but will be willing to forward the information on to TDDI.
I never did hear back from them, just checked a month or so later and found that the BV had been corrected.
Thanks for the information. I will try calling again hopefully some other CSR knows how this can be done. Otherwise I will either keep a note for the transfer and ACB/book value, or simply sell and re-buy to have proper records at the cost of 2 commissions and spread.
I am cautiously optimistic. When it goes up, I claim I have been optimistic; when it goes down, I claim I have been cautious.
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

As might be expected my registered accounts at TD Direct Investing are full of fixed income (bond) investments.

In the Account Details -> Holding screen, for non-equity holdings, I cannot figure out the default sort order for the Name field. It doesn't appear to be alphabetic and it certainly isn't by maturity date. Has anyone got any insight/guesses as to what the sort order for the Name field for non-equity holdings?
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

TDs main web site has been down for half an hour.

Here are the instructions for setting the book value for share transferred in:

Hi Keith, here are the instructions and form attached.

a. Supporting document(s) of the correct Book Value (ex/ statement from original firm, trade confirmation, etc.)

b. Signed Book Value Adjustment Form with fax cover sheet: Form # 800092E | 800093F

Note:

· All forms and/or LODs must be signed by the client. LOD is letter of direction that need to specify what accounts and what stock and what price.

· Once competed, documents can be faxed to the Markham Resource Team at (905) 752 - 3752

· Depending on the time of day, it may take approximately 2 business days for the client's faxed documents to appear on EIS

· Update requests will not be submitted to Income Processing team until all documentation is received

· Book Value updates can take 3-5 business days from time the documentation is received in good order to show on WebBroker.

(The form just repeats these items. I am tempted to just sell the shares and take it up with the CRA.)
For the fun of it...Keith
max88
Contributor
Contributor

Post by max88 »

I called again last week in an attempt to update book value of the stock, and received the same information (again) that it requires a Book Value Adjustment form (#800092) with supporting documents that shows transaction details. Additionally, I was told that the transfer from joint acct (husband and wife) to individual acct (wife) did not constitute a disposal :shock: because both (non-registered) accounts are considered to be owned by the wife, thus the book value remains. Trying to explain the need for proper book value for capital gain/loss attribution didn't help.
Hammerer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Hammerer »

Lol:
This is an English 500 error.
I would have never put it all together.
aint_no_muppet
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by aint_no_muppet »

Does anyone still have access to the so-called "premium" markets reports beneath the research tab in WebBroker?
When I'm logged in, these are listed among dozens of others, but can't be viewed:
  • Before The Open
  • Market Outlook
  • Monthly Income Report
  • Monthly Perspective
  • Monthly Preferred Share Report
On the phone, some TDDI reps acknowledge something's wrong internally because they can't access them, either. Others say only top-tier Presidents Accounts can see these "premium" reports, even though I've also heard claims that TD discontinued the PA levels years ago, despite what's suggested on their website.

Can anyone confirm that they can still view any of these reports?
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

I have them all a quick count was about 35-37 reports all readable under the Research tab, reports, rarely look at these anymore.

When I click "balances" US accounts no longer show up in the list and a few other things are buggered.
This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed
tedster
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by tedster »

when I click on Balances, I see US and Cdn accounts.
aint_no_muppet
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by aint_no_muppet »

BRIAN5000 wrote: 26 Jul 2017 10:36 I have them all a quick count was about 35-37 reports all readable under the Research tab, reports, rarely look at these anymore.
Interesting, thanks for checking, BRIAN5000. FWIW, I count 28 report names showing in my 'archive' list, but as I say, some aren't actually available to me when I click to view, and these ones never show up in the 'current' screen, either. Can you please post a screenshot, cropped or scrolled down to keep your name private, of course? Or, say, what's the URL of the most recent Monthly Preferred Share Report when you open it? Do the ones I listed show up under a "Premium" heading for you? I need some evidence to convince TDDI that my WebBroker account is coded incorrectly; last agent I spoke with said he'd been working for them for years and never heard of these particular reports, dismissing them as third-party subscriptions until I convinced him they're most certainly published by TD employees... :roll:
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

aint_no_muppet wrote: 26 Jul 2017 11:50
BRIAN5000 wrote: 26 Jul 2017 10:36 I have them all a quick count was about 35-37 reports all readable under the Research tab, reports, rarely look at these anymore.
Interesting, thanks for checking, BRIAN5000. FWIW, I count 28 report names showing in my 'archive' list, but as I say, some aren't actually available to me when I click to view, and these ones never show up in the 'current' screen, either. Can you please post a screenshot, cropped or scrolled down to keep your name private, of course? Or, say, what's the URL of the most recent Monthly Preferred Share Report when you open it? Do the ones I listed show up under a "Premium" heading for you? I need some evidence to convince TDDI that my WebBroker account is coded incorrectly; last agent I spoke with said he'd been working for them for years and never heard of these particular reports, dismissing them as third-party subscriptions until I convinced him they're most certainly published by TD employees... :roll:
Yes they show under the Premium heading and when I go to archives I can select Premium and bring up a years worth. It's hard to get good help these days. This look good enough? You could PM me to take this off the main thread? (Sorry for taking so long went to Timmies)

https://marketsandresearch.td.com/tdwca ... format=PDF
PREMIUM
BeforeTheOpen
4 hours agoBefore The OpenHighlights the overnight market activity to provide a jump-start on what can be expected from the day ahead.
MarketBuzz
07/20/17Market Buzz(published after market close) Designed as a wrap-up of the day’s trading and market activity.
MonthlyPerspectives
07/21/17Monthly PerspectivesClient designed publication filled with a wide variety of timely investment ideas and information with a longer term focus.
MonthlyPreferred
07/05/17Monthly Preferred Share ReportProvides a summary preferred sha
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

Why can't I see my bid on Advanced Dashboard in Level II quotes?

The past few weeks I've been buying a few different things and "my bid" almost instantaneously shows up in Level II quotes but sometimes it dosen't is this just TDDI crappy programming as usual?

If some has another broker's Level II up maybe they could see if there is a bid for 200 shares of GE for $25.50
Ge no bid.png
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

Don't see it as I type this (an hour later than your post) but the low of the day so far is 25.49
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

AltaRed wrote: 31 Jul 2017 15:07 Don't see it as I type this (an hour later than your post) but the low of the day so far is 25.49
Good for the day so should show up, still outstanding open order wtf?
Arby
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Arby »

I think TDDI (and other Cdn brokers) only have L2 agreements with specific stock exchanges, e.g. TSX, NASDAQ, etc. Your order may have been routed to another exchange, so it didn't show up on the TDDI L2 info from NASDAQ. For a Canadian stock, the brokers often route orders to their private Alpha exchange. However regardless of the exchange your order is routed to, your order should still have been filled if the price fell below your bid price.
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

Arby wrote: 31 Jul 2017 15:55 I think TDDI (and other Cdn brokers) only have L2 agreements with specific stock exchanges, e.g. TSX, NASDAQ, etc. Your order may have been routed to another exchange, so it didn't show up on the TDDI L2 info from NASDAQ. For a Canadian stock, the brokers often route orders to their private Alpha exchange. However regardless of the exchange your order is routed to, your order should still have been filled if the price fell below your bid price.
Yeah that must be it. Order was not in when price was below $25.50. I just like to see what bids are and I can adjust my order accordingly. If I want the stock and there's a bid real close for the amount of shares I want I just enter it that way, and get an immediate fill usually.
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

AFAIK, I should have still been able to seen Brian's Bid on the NYSE Consolidated using my Flight Desk trading software, irrespective of how it was routed, don't you think?
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
Koogie
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Koogie »

Have been unable to log in to TDDI for the last two days using Chrome. Just get a blank page.

Tried Firefox this morning and got on with no problem.
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Koogie wrote: 01 Sep 2017 09:31 Have been unable to log in to TDDI for the last two days using Chrome. Just get a blank page.

Tried Firefox this morning and got on with no problem.
I thought it was just me as I was having the same problem. Was able to login via Edge, so figured it wasn't necessarily a widespread problem. Solved it by clearing the cache in Chrome and everything seems to be working fine again.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Arby
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Arby »

Peculiar_Investor wrote: 01 Sep 2017 09:33Solved it by clearing the cache in Chrome and everything seems to be working fine again.
Clearing cache in Chrome also worked for me. TDDI advised also clearing cookies, but that wasn't necessary for me.
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

Using chrome if I click on Log-In Link for TDDI

Important Notice
We are currently experiencing technical issues and working to restore service as quickly as possible.
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

On the WeBorken login page there was just this message:
TDDI wrote:Warning FYI: Login Issue

If you see a blank screen after logging into WebBroker, please clear your cache and cookies and restart your browser. If you need help, please call us at 1-800-465-5463.
We appreciate your patience as we work towards a solution.
I'm not sure if this describes the problem I've been having intermittently lately. I don't get the completely blank screen. What happens is the "infrastructure" of a page will load -- the top and side bars and the ads -- but the content of the page can be blank. E.g., no activity shown. This is with SeaMonkey and Firefox (both the latest) on Linux. FWIW it is working at the moment.
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

PSA: TDDI - New login page design coming (soon?)

In this day and age of phishing attempts, I'm always cautious when I notice a change to a login screen. TDDI is trying to be mindful of this by giving an early warning notice that states
TDDI Webpage wrote:Coming soon: This page is getting a new look

Enjoy the same fast access with our new login page design.

Learn more >>
The "Learn more" link takes you to https://www.td.com/ca/webbroker/new-design.jsp.