TDDI - New WebBroker interface

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

TDDI - New WebBroker interface

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

With the ongoing roll-out of the "new" WebBroker interface at TD Direct Investing (TDDI) I'm starting a new topic dedicated to this new WebBroker. There is very long existing topic, TD Direct Investing (was Waterhouse) Service. It contains some discussion about the new WebBroker interface, which starts around here.

I've been mostly using the new WebBroker interface since it got rolled out and while it has taken some time to adjust and find things, I'm starting to get more comfortable with the new experience. There are still some things that aren't working properly (accessing eStatements comes to mind), but slowly but surely TDDI seems to be fixed, improving things.

Today I logged in and noticed they'd worked on the Balances screen and make it much more usable and more familiar to the "classic" WebBroker experience. I also checked eStatements and it seems to be working today in Chrome and IE 11 (Windows 7 Pro). :thumbsup:

I'm still experiencing one interesting problem. Trading->Fixed Income works fine for me in Chrome, but causes a "Session expired" message followed by an immediate logout in IE 11. I've had a quick chat with WebBroker support but haven't been able to find the solution. Since Chrome is my daily browser, it isn't too big of an issue (at this time), although I have to switch to IE to use Advanced Dashboard since Chrome abandoned support for Java.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
2 yen
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: TDDI - New WebBroker interface

Post by 2 yen »

Peculiar_Investor wrote:With the ongoing roll-out of the "new" WebBroker interface at TD Direct Investing (TDDI) I'm starting a new topic dedicated to this new WebBroker. There is very long existing topic, TD Direct Investing (was Waterhouse) Service. It contains some discussion about the new WebBroker interface, which starts around here.

I've been mostly using the new WebBroker interface since it got rolled out and while it has taken some time to adjust and find things, I'm starting to get more comfortable with the new experience. There are still some things that aren't working properly (accessing eStatements comes to mind), but slowly but surely TDDI seems to be fixed, improving things.

Today I logged in and noticed they'd worked on the Balances screen and make it much more usable and more familiar to the "classic" WebBroker experience. I also checked eStatements and it seems to be working today in Chrome and IE 11 (Windows 7 Pro). :thumbsup:

I'm still experiencing one interesting problem. Trading->Fixed Income works fine for me in Chrome, but causes a "Session expired" message followed by an immediate logout in IE 11. I've had a quick chat with WebBroker support but haven't been able to find the solution. Since Chrome is my daily browser, it isn't too big of an issue (at this time), although I have to switch to IE to use Advanced Dashboard since Chrome abandoned support for Java.
Had a chat with them last week about the new interface. On my computer (PC) some of the buttons overlap and some can't even be opened at all. They said they were having the same issue with some of their computers and eventually a fix would be done. In my opinion, the new interface is cumbersome and unnecessarily cluttered. I'll be using the old one for as long as possible. The best websites are the simplest.

2 yen
chufinora
Contributor
Contributor

Post by chufinora »

I have access to it for the first time today (Perhaps they rolled it out to general release today). After 10 mins playing around I am underwhelmed

1. Cannot(Or have option to) count TDB8150 holdings as cash - so still have to scroll through list to add up cash holdings (Gets tiresome on 7 accounts)
2. Trade history still truncated to a few items going back only a few months - cannot select a holding and view full trade history.

Other than displaying the information in a different way I did not see anything new. Anyone who has been using this for a few weeks want to point out some new features?
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

Peculiar_Investor wrote:Today I logged in and noticed they'd worked on the Balances screen and make it much more usable and more familiar to the "classic" WebBroker experience.
Yeah, I see that the Balances screen is much better today. It was real hard before they changed this to do a couple trades along with selling some TDB8150 and get a resulting cash balance. I had to resort to pen and paper or jump to the old interface. They reverted to the same way they've always done it with the old interface. Now if they would just revert everything to the old way they did it, we'd be good.

ltr
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

chufinora wrote:1. Cannot(Or have option to) count TDB8150 holdings as cash - so still have to scroll through list to add up cash holdings (Gets tiresome on 7 accounts)
Agreed, although IIRC that was also the case with the old WebBroker interface, so nothing has changed here. Perhaps as they improve the new WebBroker they'll implement this functionality.
Anyone who has been using this for a few weeks want to point out some new features?
For the most part what I've noticed, and appreciated, is a tighter integration of functionality. For example on the Home screen, the "Your Top Movers" section provides a variety of information that I would have had to track down in a variety of different screens. The "Show accounts" link is helpful should I want to act on the information.

I also like the new "Your events" panel on the Home screen, it gives me a quick window into earnings, dividends and ratings changes for the week.

Much of the functionality isn't new, just in different places. Depending on your appetite for change, that's either positive or negative. For the first few weeks I found myself switching back and forth between the two interfaces, generally exploring using the new interface but doing things using the old interface. Now that I'm more comfortable with the new interface, I've essentially completed the migration to the new WebBroker.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
pmj
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by pmj »

chufinora wrote:Trade history still truncated to a few items going back only a few months - cannot select a holding and view full trade history.
This was a depressing deficiency of the old interface. As a minimum, if it displayed three months instead of about two and a half, then at least we could see a full (for most stocks) dividend cycle.
Peter

Patrick Hutber: Improvement means deterioration
2 yen
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by 2 yen »

pmj wrote:
chufinora wrote:Trade history still truncated to a few items going back only a few months - cannot select a holding and view full trade history.
This was a depressing deficiency of the old interface. As a minimum, if it displayed three months instead of about two and a half, then at least we could see a full (for most stocks) dividend cycle.
This has frustrated me too.

2 yen
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

2 yen wrote:
pmj wrote:

2 yen

Not sure why you would need this don't you spreadsheet every trade and conversation?

Couldn't get into Advanced Dashboard the last few days finally got in today, painful, hope it works better next week. Anyone else have problems launching ADB support says/knows program is unstable, talked to them today.
This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

BRIAN5000 wrote:Couldn't get into Advanced Dashboard the last few days finally got in today, painful, hope it works better next week. Anyone else have problems launching ADB support says/knows program is unstable, talked to them today.
I think TDDI is in a bit of a funk the last week. They've made some changes and I have found several problems when I use it. The message system has a mind of its own. It always pops up on login for me that there are messages unread even though I've read them all, and today there was a video in a message that I wanted to watch, but it wouldn't activate.

New software - lots of problems. When I get frustrated with it, I revert to the old version, and when I arrive I remember how great it really was...

ltr
2 yen
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by 2 yen »

BRIAN5000 wrote:
2 yen wrote:
pmj wrote: This was a depressing deficiency of the old interface. As a minimum, if it displayed three months instead of about two and a half, then at least we could see a full (for most stocks) dividend cycle.

2 yen

Not sure why you would need this don't you spreadsheet every trade and conversation?

Couldn't get into Advanced Dashboard the last few days finally got in today, painful, hope it works better next week. Anyone else have problems launching ADB support says/knows program is unstable, talked to them today.
Sometimes it is easier to just look at trade / activity history for historical data than going through statements. In my case, dividend info is needed as I check that increases have occurred or that the amounts are correct. Also U.S. dollar amounts are usually a bit different each month or quarter due to exchange rate fluctuations and trade history / activity is an easier place to get at and view this info.

2 yen
GreatLaker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GreatLaker »

like_to_retire wrote:When I get frustrated with it, I revert to the old version, and when I arrive I remember how great it really was...
If you revert to the old version, how do you get back to the new version?
Thanks
When I was young, I was poor. Now, after years of hard work, I am no longer young.
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

GreatLaker wrote:
like_to_retire wrote:When I get frustrated with it, I revert to the old version, and when I arrive I remember how great it really was...
If you revert to the old version, how do you get back to the new version?
Thanks
Log out, and then log back in and a popup will encourage you to use the new version.

In fact, it's this continuous nagging that forced me to generally use the new version. Then if I have a problem with the new version, I'll revert to the old, knowing that the next time I log in I'll be reminded to use the new version.

I was one of the fortunate/unfortunate customers that was selected to use the new version since its early inception (it seems like months). I don't know why, perhaps it's my sunny personality, or they thought it would be interesting to drive me nuts with their new software. It's certainly better than it originally was, but I still would prefer the old version. I never miss an opportunity to click on the feedback tab and tell them what I think. It's almost never positive.

ltr
ig17
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by ig17 »

^ You don't have to log out. The old interface has a link to the new one.
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

ig17 wrote:^ You don't have to log out. The old interface has a link to the new one.
And the new one has a link to the old one unless they killed it on the upgrade.
This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed
Arby
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: TD Direct Investing (was Waterhouse) Service

Post by Arby »

Can anyone tell me what will happen to my Globe Portfolio stock transaction history that is currently provided under the old WebBroker interface? Will all of my Globe Portfolio transaction history be lost after the old WebBroker streaming quotes becomes defunct? Is there any way to port my Globe Portfolio stock transactions to the new WebBroker interface, or to the new Dashbord interface?

(Sorry if this question has already been asked upthread, but I didn't want to wade through 70 pages of posts)
rich
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rich »

Recent message at TD Direct
We're pleased to let you know that we've negotiated a special arrangement with the Globe & Mail, which will give you continued access to WebBroker Streaming Quotes and the portfolio feature while they're developing a suitable alternative solution.

This solution will be made available to you in the near future, at which point Streaming Quotes and the portfolio feature in WebBroker will be discontinued and you'll access your data directly from the Globe & Mail. Please be assured that we will notify you as soon as more information becomes available.

Thank you for choosing TD Direct Investing.
Arby
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Arby »

Thanks Rich. I usually ignore the TDDI messages, so I didn't see that message.
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

Arby wrote:Thanks Rich. I usually ignore the TDDI messages, so I didn't see that message.
It seems TDDI has fixed their message system, which has certainly been in a funk for the last few weeks. Every time I have logged in the last month I get a message pop-up for messages that I've already read, but now it seems to be repaired.

With respect to Level II streaming quotes and the portfolio feature being available from the Globe & Mail in the future, I'm interested to see how this promise will unfold.

As it is, I have been using the old system for Level II quotes, and that has continued to work as promised, but today I tried the system and got an "Error page exception" for Streaming quotes, so I guess the jig is up. We'll see what happens. Don't they understand that when people trade [and who would risk it without Level II], that each trade makes them money?

ltr
timbr
Contributor
Contributor

Post by timbr »

like_to_retire wrote:It seems TDDI has fixed their message system ...
I've also noticed things have have gotten better. No more random "new" messages that I've already read. The list is finally in descending date order. I still can't expand a message that is too long for the first few initially displayed lines.

The last time I called for another matter, the agent asked if I had any complaints. I gave him my list with the loss of L2 quotes being at the top. He pointed out I can pay the $10/month to get it back (at least for the TSX). Ok, $10/m isn't much but it is enough to make me have a look around at what competitors have to offer. If the streaming quotes feature is now kaput, I need to get on that.
ig17
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by ig17 »

timbr wrote:The last time I called for another matter, the agent asked if I had any complaints. I gave him my list with the loss of L2 quotes being at the top. He pointed out I can pay the $10/month to get it back (at least for the TSX). Ok, $10/m isn't much but it is enough to make me have a look around at what competitors have to offer. If the streaming quotes feature is now kaput, I need to get on that.
I asked for and received free L2 quotes in Advanced Dashboard. They supposedly coded my account so I won't get charged $10/month for the data packages. I will check at the end of the month how well that works.

I used Arby's tactic to get the quotes. I called PA customer support and told the guy to escalate a case up the management chain. I took his name and extension number to follow-up. I called him again a week later, and he told me that I would be getting the quotes. They didn't push back at all.

They will need your WebBroker Connect ID to code your account. Write it down before you call. I never use Connect ID to log in, and I couldn't find it in my records. That took another two calls to sort out.
Last edited by ig17 on 29 Dec 2015 00:43, edited 1 time in total.
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

I now have level II on Can & US coded correctly, free, with fingers crossed.

They fix one thing and two things break, rarely able to sign in to get to AWB where the Level II quotes are.
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

Anyone able to launch advanced dashboard at TDDI this morning? :evil:
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

I was using it earlier this morning, from just before market open until about an hour afterwards, no problems at all.

like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

So, as usual every year, I transfer cash from my TD chequing account to my TDDI brokerage account, to be used in combination with cash already in the account for my TFSA contribution.

I go to the new and wonderful TDDI software to inspect my "Real Time" cash in the non-registered account to be sure the $5500 is there. I can't find it anywhere.

So, I revert back to the tried and true old TDDI software, and there is my transferred cash by simply selecting "Cash Details", that reveals 'Settled Cash' and 'Cash on Hold' and 'Cash Balance'. It's all so darn easy to understand. I search and search for this in the new and improved TDDI software and it's nowhere to be found.

Sigh.

Oh sure, the new software displays my "Top Movers", of which I have no idea what that means and how it would be useful to me, but something as simple as real-time cash isn't available.

Sigh.

ltr
GreatLaker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GreatLaker »

like_to_retire wrote:So, as usual every year, I transfer cash from my TD chequing account to my TDDI brokerage account, to be used in combination with cash already in the account for my TFSA contribution.

I go to the new and wonderful TDDI software to inspect my "Real Time" cash in the non-registered account to be sure the $5500 is there. I can't find it anywhere.
On Jan 1 I went into TDDI and moved funds from my TD chequing account to my TFSA. It appeared as a future dated transaction dated Jan 4, and the cash appeared in the account some time today.

It does not show in the main screen when I log in, or in my Balances Summary screen but it is visible in my Balances Real-Time Cash screen, and in my Account Summary screen for my TFSA. I was busy today so don't know when it actually showed up in the account.

The new interface is confusing at times, but seems to be working OK for me.

I noticed in the trading screens there is no longer an option to toggle between settled balance and real time balance. It always shows real-time balance in the trading screen.
When I was young, I was poor. Now, after years of hard work, I am no longer young.