TDDI - New WebBroker interface

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: TDDI - New WebBroker interface

Post by kcowan »

I suppose they are trying to appeal to the Millennials. I never trade on my smartphone.
For the fun of it...Keith
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

A few other changes have been announced:
TD Direct Investing wrote:We've made some changes in WebBroker to help you do more things quickly and conveniently – like updating your watchlists and checking your orders.

Click here to see what we've done [PDF]

Enhancements you may notice today include:
  • Consolidated Order Status – view orders from all your accounts at once and search them by symbol
  • More watchlist features – now you can add and remove securities to your watchlists from multi-list view, and sort them by asset category in single-list view
  • Remove unwanted securities - If you hold securities that are subject to a Cease Trade Order, you now have the option to remove them from your account in Holdings
You don't need to login to click the PDF, the link works when not logged in.

For those that have multiple accounts, the Consolidated Order Status option is a welcome addition.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
auntyvirus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by auntyvirus »

Peculiar_Investor wrote: 08 Dec 2017 07:32Remove unwanted securities - If you hold securities that are subject to a Cease Trade Order, you now have the option to remove them from your account in Holdings
That is bound to make TD Nortel's largest shareholder :rofl:
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

Shortly before noon ET:
WeBorken wrote:

Important Notice

We are currently experiencing technical issues and working to restore service as quickly as possible.

If you’re unable to login and require assistance with trading or your account, please call TD Direct Investing at 1-800-465-5463 or contact your TD Wealth advisor.

Thank you for your patience.
Complexity + EyeCandy = Failure
Sumaco
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sumaco »

Something went wrong on our end and we're working hard to fix it.

For help, call us toll-free at 1-800-667-6299. Otherwise, please try again later.
Still broke @12:44eastern
--
Ignorance is where learning begins.
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

Broken in BC as well FFS!
"We are currently experiencing an issue with our system that is affecting a small percentage of our clients."

Wonder what they call a small percentage Canada wide?
This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed
Hogwild
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Hogwild »

EDIT: Now I can log on, and things work, but the site is dog slow.

And for me too...Can't log on since about 12:00 noon today. Just get a spinning hourglass with no error message.
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

I was able to log in shortly before 2pm ET. Site seemed "as usual", i.e., "hit and miss", e.g., re-load Activity page to see activity.
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

It's badly broken this morning. First, when logging in the default page had been switched from Activity to Balances. Then trying to go to Activity, the page half loads, then there's an "Internal Error" message, then it switches to a page saying they work every day to keep WebBroker running at peak efficiency :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: , then it flips back to the half-loaded Activity page, and the cycle repeats ad infinitum.

I have a chunk of non-reg GICs maturing later this month. This money will definitely be leaving TD and going to Simplii @ 3%, and if/when that ends to RBCDI. Their web interface is not perfect either (though working better for me lately). At least they have a better selection of GICs you can buy online, and it will give me diversification of web follies.
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

It's nice that the December 2017 statements are ready. Four of them are found. It's too bad none of them show up so they can be downloaded. Oh well, better luck next time. :roll:
Attachments
statements.png
Sumaco
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sumaco »

IdOp wrote: 15 Jan 2018 19:37 It's nice that the December 2017 statements are ready. Four of them are found. It's too bad none of them show up so they can be downloaded. Oh well, better luck next time. :roll:
Mine are there and available for download. I picked up a few this morning and just checked my other account and they are downloadable also. Do you have an ad-blocker maybe?
--
Ignorance is where learning begins.
IdOp
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by IdOp »

Sumaco wrote: 15 Jan 2018 21:40Do you have an ad-blocker maybe?
No, I don't have any add-ons or plug-ins. These types of problems for me are both typical and intermittent. Likely the statements will mysteriously show up tomorrow or the next day.

EDIT: Statements showed up on 16th and are downloaded.
ghariton
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by ghariton »

55 minute wait to talk to a live human who can journal shares from my CAD account to my USD account.

I have POA over my wife's accounts. But I can't transfer money between her accounts on-line. Have to call in and have it done by a representative. But they're working on it, and soon -- any year now -- I'll be able to do it on-line.

George
The juice is worth the squeeze
pmj
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by pmj »

Waited about 10 min this evening to make a transfer from RRSP to TFSA. Better than I expected. Very good rep on the other end.
Peter

Patrick Hutber: Improvement means deterioration
ig17
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by ig17 »

ghariton wrote: 16 Jan 2018 22:10 I have POA over my wife's accounts. But I can't transfer money between her accounts on-line. Have to call in and have it done by a representative. But they're working on it, and soon -- any year now -- I'll be able to do it on-line.
I login using my wife's user ID when I need to make transfers between her accounts.
ghariton
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by ghariton »

ig17 wrote: 16 Jan 2018 22:36 I login using my wife's user ID when I need to make transfers between her accounts.
So do I. I once let that slip out, and the TD sales rep was appalled, then pretended not to have heard.

Since I had been on hold for nearly an hour anyway, I thought I would ask when I would be able to transfer money on-line. Oh, we.re working on it, the sales rep said. Uh-huh.

George
The juice is worth the squeeze
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

ig17 wrote: 16 Jan 2018 22:36
ghariton wrote: 16 Jan 2018 22:10 I have POA over my wife's accounts. But I can't transfer money between her accounts on-line. Have to call in and have it done by a representative. But they're working on it, and soon -- any year now -- I'll be able to do it on-line.
I login using my wife's user ID when I need to make transfers between her accounts.
It is definitely something you don't want to disclose to the FI itself since you are not actually permitted to do that in their Ts and Cs. I suspect a lot of couples however do that, and I suppose as long as there is no track record the FI could use to wash their hands of a fraudulent transaction in that account, no one is harmed.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
LAJ
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LAJ »

Is it just me or is TD trying to hide any information on the e-Series funds? There used to be a link that I used that took me directly to all the TD funds including the e-Series. Now there is next to nothing about them anywhere.

https://www.td.com/ca/en/asset-manageme ... ual-funds/
Hakuna Matata
max88
Contributor
Contributor

Post by max88 »

I am cautiously optimistic. When it goes up, I claim I have been optimistic; when it goes down, I claim I have been cautious.
ig17
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by ig17 »

LAJ wrote: 20 Jan 2018 15:24 Is it just me or is TD trying to hide any information on the e-Series funds? There used to be a link that I used that took me directly to all the TD funds including the e-Series. Now there is next to nothing about them anywhere.

https://www.td.com/ca/en/asset-manageme ... ual-funds/
On the page you linked:

LAJ
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LAJ »

Thanks. I would never have found it nor would I have known that symbol is a filter. I wish they'd just leave the damn pages alone. I swear they change stuff just to prove how ignorant I am when it comes to this computer crap. :evil:
Hakuna Matata
Hammerer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Hammerer »

Just transferred a tiny amount of funds from my CAD RRSP to US RRSP via Webbroker.

Under Activity, it reads "RE: SEC.146(16) ITA", which seems to do with direct transfers.

This is just an in-kind transfer, correct? There are no forms to fill out nor tax implications, right?
GreatLaker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GreatLaker »

ghariton wrote: 16 Jan 2018 23:53
ig17 wrote: 16 Jan 2018 22:36 I login using my wife's user ID when I need to make transfers between her accounts.
So do I. I once let that slip out, and the TD sales rep was appalled, then pretended not to have heard.

Since I had been on hold for nearly an hour anyway, I thought I would ask when I would be able to transfer money on-line. Oh, we.re working on it, the sales rep said. Uh-huh.

George
Once I was helping my Mom reset her p/w over the phone for EasyWeb, the phone rep heard Mom say something and made her change it again. Problem is it takes her about 10 times as long to select it, type it, retype it for confirmation, and write it down so she does not forget.

I have POA on her accounts, and TD (both TDCT and TDDI) do not permit a POA to use EasyWeb or WebBroker for online transactions. It is soooooo much harder to do banking by telephone banking (EasyLine) or talking to a phone rep. Totally retro. :(
When I was young, I was poor. Now, after years of hard work, I am no longer young.
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

I do cash management for DW and also did it for MIL. MIL never touched a computer. DW has never touched TD online. I guess I am living on the edge!
For the fun of it...Keith
chufinora
Contributor
Contributor

Post by chufinora »

GreatLaker wrote: 24 Jan 2018 12:53 I have POA on her accounts, and TD (both TDCT and TDDI) do not permit a POA to use EasyWeb or WebBroker for online transactions.
Is that right? I have POA on my wifes accounts and they are linked to my WebBroker access so that I can perform transactions for either account. Perhaps it is because she is a spouse rather than my mother.