Scotia iTrade Platinum Service

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Scotia iTrade Platinum Service

Post by AltaRed »

Seems iTrade is starting a new level of service... Platinum. Appears to include special Platinum client service line, $6.99 trades and their Flight Desk trading platform. Will have to wait for the package and software key to arrive in the mail to see.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
CaptChaos
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Scotia iTrade Platinum Service

Post by CaptChaos »

Looks like they have starting making changes online. Platinum, Gold and standard tiers.

iClub Platinum:

150+ trades per quarter $6.99/trade
$1,000,000+ $9.99/trade

Benefits
Dedicated Relationship Manager via exclusive Platinum member client service line
Priority allocation of IPOs and client events
Free FlightDesk™ premium service + Free FAST order routing + $30/month data subscription credit
No RSP/RESP account administration fee

iClub Gold:

30+ trades per quarter $9.99/trade
$250,000+ $9.99/trade

Benefits:
Exclusive Gold member client service line
Free FlightDesk™ premium service
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

Did you not mean $6.99/trade for >$1 million?
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
CaptChaos
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CaptChaos »

The way I read it is that in order to get to Platinum tier you need to make more than 150 trades a quarter (@ $6.99/trade) or have over $1M in assets (@ $9.99/trade).

Overall, it just seems like a repackaging of existing offerings except for the new priority access services.
timbr
Contributor
Contributor

Post by timbr »

For some reason, I decided to google "iClub Platinum" to get the details. Amusingly, the first result is for iClub Platinum Rewards from iTAN ... making "the world a better place one tan at a time". :lol:
MaxwellMcGee
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MaxwellMcGee »

CaptChaos wrote:Looks like they have starting making changes online. Platinum, Gold and standard tiers.

iClub Platinum:

150+ trades per quarter $6.99/trade
$1,000,000+ $9.99/trade

Benefits
Dedicated Relationship Manager via exclusive Platinum member client service line
Priority allocation of IPOs and client events
Free FlightDesk™ premium service + Free FAST order routing + $30/month data subscription credit

iClub Gold:

30+ trades per quarter $9.99/trade
$250,000+ $9.99/trade

Benefits:
Exclusive Gold member client service line
Free FlightDesk™ premium service
Has anyone compared this to the President's account at TDW?

I've got funds scattered in a bunch of different places but am considering consolidating...not sure where to go.
hoopy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by hoopy »

I was interested in learning more about iClub Platinum. I couldn't find any information on the Scotiabank/ScotiaiTrade websites. It doesn't show up in search, either on Scotia or elsewhere on the internet.

I emailed ScotiaiTrade customer service and they sent me a link to information about it. I am posting it here in case others are interested.
Dear Client,

Thank you for your email inquiry.

In order to qualify for our platinum members club you must meet one of the below qualifiers:

Over 150 trades/quarter
Over $1,000,000 in combined Scotia iTRADE assets
Over $1000 in revenue

In regards to the features of the club below is a link that outlines the features:
http://www.scotiabank.com/itrade/iclubplatinum
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

Scotia iTrade FlightDesk is a powerful trading platform. Lots one can do with it and it can be intimidating at first. I still don't know what it will all do. It is of most benefit for frequent traders, i.e. one can trade directly from it rather than through the standard iTrade web pages (which I don't do), but I use its charting, market depth (Level II and more?), watchlists, alerts, etc. I have yet to be put 'on hold' when calling the direct line for Relationship Managers as compared to the regular Customer Service lines.
retireat50
Contributor
Contributor

Post by retireat50 »

Bumping this from way back

I now qualify for this. I emailed support asking about $4.99 trades and the rep said you need 150 trades AND the million in Itrade accounts. Their literature clearly states OR, not AND. Can anyone comment on the discounted price. That is mainly what i'm interested in although the dedicate support line sounds good too - i might make 2 calls a year max
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

I have never understood it to be an OR situation for all the years I have been with them. But then, I have never been remotely interested either.
consultant
Contributor
Contributor

Post by consultant »

I just talked with "priority customer service" and asked to have the charges for mailing waived - no luck. Was told that their system does not allow any exceptions for anyone (old, disabled, Platinum members, etc.) and they will start charging $3 per item in March. No charge for tax documents since they don't mail them anymore....
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

That is reasonable in the digital age although i suspect they will eventually relent for those without a digital device of some kind. Downloading in PDF form and keeping them in the cloud is what everyone will be doing.