Want transfer from Disnat to Other Broker: SUGGESTIONS ???

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
Mikouli
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Want transfer from Disnat to Other Broker: SUGGESTIONS

Post by Mikouli »

If you are swing trading why do you fell you need up to the minute data?
Cause I daytrade to... and 1 minute chart is useful for me to see in and out before they happen, this way I can let run my trailing stop order.

But with having bracket orders will be better this way i will be able to put my stop loss and sell order at the same in one time for some order.

Also I can see especially at the opening and after-pre-market the volume in real time vs price, for me it's more opportunity...

Regards
--------------------
Best Regards
Mikouli
newguy
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by newguy »

Last edited by Peculiar_Investor on 07 Feb 2014 07:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: replace old domain name with www.financialwisdomforum.org to reflect new domain name effective 19-Jan-2014
Mikouli
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mikouli »

You may want to look at interest rates for margin and whether or not TD will let USD be used as margin for a CDN daytrade. For example at IB if I only have USD in my account and then buy and sell a Canadian stock in the same day it doesn't cost me any margin interest and they don't exchange money. They just lend me the money for the day. If you hold a position overnight then you will be charged interest if you don't exchange some money but this is less at IB than TD.
I've Call TD They give me a interest rates for margin of 3% and they let USD be use for CDN daytrade and vice-versa. The 3% is just charged if I hold overnight.
Also they pay the transfer fees (From Disnat to Them)

IB is 2.522% as of today till 100K

I think It's fair, what do you think about it ?
--------------------
Best Regards
Mikouli
newguy
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by newguy »

Mikouli wrote: I think It's fair, what do you think about it ?
Sounds good to me. It's the same sort of deal, just a slightly higher interest rate which you may never have to pay.

newguy
Tissoki
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Want transfer from Disnat to Other Broker: SUGGESTIONS ???

Post by Tissoki »

I have disnat also, i just started trading my self. Trading with us $ is not whorted as buy-sell will cost you 4% unless you trade in us$ account that is possible to have.
Since I am anovice I am afraid to use all type of orders. I use only Limit. Can any body explain what are the other possible types or direct me where to find the info. It is much appreciated.
Spudd
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: Want transfer from Disnat to Other Broker: SUGGESTIONS ???

Post by Spudd »

Tissoki wrote:I have disnat also, i just started trading my self. Trading with us $ is not whorted as buy-sell will cost you 4% unless you trade in us$ account that is possible to have.
Since I am anovice I am afraid to use all type of orders. I use only Limit. Can any body explain what are the other possible types or direct me where to find the info. It is much appreciated.
What does whorted mean?

Limit is the best type of order to use. It means you will only buy the stock if the price meets your limit.
Market means you'll pay whatever someone is asking. There are risks that this might be more than you wanted to pay.