Dividend and Distribution Hikes - 2012

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
creep
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dividend and Distribution Hikes - 2012

Post by creep »

Computer processor maker Intel Corporation (INTC) on Monday announced a 7% increase to its quarterly dividend payout.

The new dividend of 22.5 cents per share, up from a previous 21 cents, will be declared in the third quarter of 2012. The move marks the third dividend increase for INTC in the past 18 months.
ThinkDividends
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ThinkDividends »

Franco-Nevada (FNV) increased its monthly dividend by 25% to $0.05 per share starting July 2012

LINK
Patiently building wealth one dividend increase at a time…
ThinkDividends
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ThinkDividends »

K-Bro Linen (KBL) Increases Dividend 5%

LINK
JaydoubleU
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by JaydoubleU »

Torstar's (TS.B) Board of Directors have approved, effective with the June 30, 2012 dividend a 5% increase in the quarterly dividend from $0.125 to $0.13125 per share.
Hmm. I had expected 10% or more.
scomac
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by scomac »

Cineplex (CGX-T) >4.6% to $1.35 annually
"On what principle is it, that when we see nothing but improvement behind us, we are to expect nothing but deterioration before us?"
Thomas Babington Macaulay in 1830
ThinkDividends
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ThinkDividends »

ShawCor (SCL.A) increased dividend by 25% to $0.10 per quarter
Sensei
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Sensei »

creep wrote:Computer processor maker Intel Corporation (INTC) on Monday announced a 7% increase to its quarterly dividend payout.

The new dividend of 22.5 cents per share, up from a previous 21 cents, will be declared in the third quarter of 2012. The move marks the third dividend increase for INTC in the past 18 months.
Cheers

"A dividend being paid today is always a positive return." Josh Peters, Morningstar
JaydoubleU
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by JaydoubleU »

You got me beat, sensei. I counted 17. If I include ENB and BCE that were announced late 2011, it's 19. Not bad, not bad. Still looking for a few more in the summer.
StuBee
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by StuBee »

JaydoubleU wrote:You got me beat, sensei. I counted 17. If I include ENB and BCE that were announced late 2011, it's 19. Not bad, not bad. Still looking for a few more in the summer.
Do not be discouraged. You both have me beat. I only have 10 increases (though I am expecting at least one more...SAP...). Of course, all of these numbers are meaningless in the absence of a denominator. In my case, my total number of individual stocks (the denominator) is 17.

My current portfolio is producing 5% more income (annualized) than it would have produced in 2011. The previous sentence is a theoretical statement since my portfolio composition has changed since last year. In reality, income growth is flat this year since I have traded some higher yielders for some lower yielders. (Partial sales of ENB, TA and SLF and purchase of NWC and SAP :thumbsup: as well as ESI and PWF :| and... SNC :cry:). The overall result of these trades was a reduction in yield of (for total dividend portfolio) about 20 basis points.

Currently my overall yield is 4.1%. The TSX composite yield is about 3.1%. My educated guess is that a dividend yield of about 125% of the composite yield (i.e. about 3.9%) is compatible with inflation beating growth in income. I am hoping to beat inflation by 2% per year long term. (This is a necessary ingredient in my current financial plan...My dividend portfolio represents 50% of my capital).
"The term is over: the holidays have begun. The dream is ended: this is the morning."-C.S.Lewis, The Last Battle
vince2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vince2 »

Back of the envelope calculation says about 40-45% of the companies I hold shares in, have raised their dividends, which is fine since I have several reits and only REF.UN and HR.UN have raised their dividends in recent memory.
'A slow death to those who become slaves of habit, who repeat the same track every day, who do not change pace, who do not risk and change the colour of their clothes, who do not talk and who do not learn.'
Pablo Neruda
Sensei
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Sensei »

JaydoubleU wrote:You got me beat, sensei. I counted 17. If I include ENB and BCE that were announced late 2011, it's 19. Not bad, not bad. Still looking for a few more in the summer.
Actually, one error I noticed was I counted RDS twice (Duh. I was the poster both times). Including INTC I have 19 for 2012. I believe we'll get another from NGG next week.

To date I've received increased dividends in 2012 from: HCN, KMB, NGG, RDS, GSK, ABT, GPC, WR, RY, TD, BNS, BDT, BPF, PG, CVX, UL, JNJ, PEP, INTC (With BCE it's 20).
Cheers

"A dividend being paid today is always a positive return." Josh Peters, Morningstar
JaydoubleU
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by JaydoubleU »

To date I've received increased dividends in 2012 from: HCN, KMB, NGG, RDS, GSK, ABT, GPC, WR, RY, TD, BNS, BDT, BPF, PG, CVX, UL, JNJ, PEP, INTC (With BCE it's 20).
Nice. OK, here we go: CJR.B, NGG, GSK, DEO, TRI, FTS, TRP, RCI.B, RY, BNS, TD, WJX, BDT, NWC, NAE/PGH, UL, RUS, TS.B . . . . (With BCE and ENB it's 20! ) I should note, however, that I've since sold a few of those positions so I shouldn't really get to count them.

NGG has already indicated they expect to bump August's dividend by 8%. GSK is also on a course of raising 1p per share quarterly; not sure how long they can keep that up. Thy are also divesting other assets and have said the proceeds will be distributed as a special dividend. I expect raises from MCD and PM in September, and the possibility of more from CTY and AFN later in the year. PWF continues to be wishful thinking :roll:
JaydoubleU
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by JaydoubleU »

Sure enough,

National Grid (NGG),
Recommended full year dividend up 8% to 39.28p reflecting final year of current policy
Dividend growth of 4% targeted in new one year policy
ThinkDividends
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ThinkDividends »

Rocky Mountain Dealerships (RME) dividend up 50%

LINK
mailman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mailman »

Sorry, having problems linking the storey. But Mcoy Corp. Has increased it's dividend from 3 to 5 cents a share effective
June 15 to share holders of record May 31, 2012.

Mailman
JaydoubleU
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by JaydoubleU »

Vodafone (VOD)
Final dividend per share of 6.47 pence, giving total dividends per share for the year of 13.52 pence
(including 4.0 pence special dividend), up +51.9%
Removing the special dividend, the final dividend is up about 7% from 6.05 to 6.47p. How this translates to USD or CAD is yet to be determined.
RomaneeConti
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RomaneeConti »

Computer Modelling Group (CMG)

Increased its regular dividend for the 2nd time in 2012.
And announced a SPECIAL dividend.

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release ... 660928.htm
vince2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vince2 »

JaydoubleU wrote:Vodafone (VOD)
Final dividend per share of 6.47 pence, giving total dividends per share for the year of 13.52 pence
(including 4.0 pence special dividend), up +51.9%
Removing the special dividend, the final dividend is up about 7% from 6.05 to 6.47p. How this translates to USD or CAD is yet to be determined.

LINK

Last year per ADS 1.412619 US$ (3c deducted per ADS), and depending on the exchange rate, back of the envelope (excluding special dividend) approx US$1.51 after deducting 3cents per ADS.
'A slow death to those who become slaves of habit, who repeat the same track every day, who do not change pace, who do not risk and change the colour of their clothes, who do not talk and who do not learn.'
Pablo Neruda
ThinkDividends
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ThinkDividends »

Computer Modelling Group (TSX - CMG) - regular quarterly dividend was raised 23% to $0.16

Tiffany & Co. (NYSE – TIF) - regular quarterly dividend was raised 10% to $0.32

H.J. Heinz Company (NYSE - HNZ) - increased its quarterly dividend 7% to $0.515
ThinkDividends
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ThinkDividends »

National Bank of Canada (NA) increases dividend by 5% from $0.75 to $0.79 per quarter.

LINK
ThinkDividends
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ThinkDividends »

Fedex (FDX) increased dividend by 8% to $0.14 per quarter.

LINK
DenisD
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by DenisD »

Iron Mountain Soars Most Since Market Debut on REIT Plan
Iron Mountain Inc. (IRM) soared the most since its public offering 16 years ago after approving a plan to convert to a real estate investment trust following pressure from activist investor Elliott Management Corp.
Separately, Iron Mountain increased its quarterly dividend to 27 cents, from 25 cents, for the next six payments.
Bought Monday for my US large-cap screen. :)
ThinkDividends
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ThinkDividends »

Agrium (AGU) dividend up 122%

Canadian Western Bank (CWB) dividend up 7%

Laurentian Bank (LB) dividend up 4%

Alaris Royalty (AD) dividend up 5%
ThinkDividends
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ThinkDividends »

Dell will initiate a quarterly dividend of $0.08 per share (following in Apple's footsteps)
ThinkDividends
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ThinkDividends »

United Technologies (UTX) increased its quarterly dividend by 12% to $0.535 per share.

Caterpillar (CAT) increased its quarterly dividend by 13% to $0.52 per share.

Target (TGT) increased its quarterly dividend 20% to $0.36 per share.