Called TDDI to open a RIF (for my wife - I handle financial, she handles health
- They set up a date and time, later in the week, for a phone appointment with someone who could do it over the phone, provided we could scan and return email the signed docs
- Next day TDDI called to say that it can not be done over the phone. They set an appointment at the local branch for the following Saturday
- On Saturday we went to the branch and completed the forms
- A week later (on the following Saturday) I called TDDI to inquire on the status. After 15 minutes of searching they reported that the forms were lacking in some information and we had to go back to the branch. (I wonder how long it would have sat "incomplete" before they actually notified me)
- On the following Saturday went to the branch to "complete" the forms. (rep had neglected to tick one box and some other info was not legible on the internal fax transmission)
- On Wednesday, called TDDI to verify status, but they responded that they had no knowledge of such an account.
- Left a message with branch rep asking for a follow up.
- No response
- On Thursday noticed that in Easyweb the new RIF account appears in the list of Webbroker accounts, but in Webbroker itself the account does not appear.
- On Friday (today) called TDDI and after a 40 minute search was informed that
a) the account has been opened
b) it will take *more than a week* for it to appear in Webbroker
c) they do not have any trace of the Internal Transfer Form with instructions on the transfer from the RSP to the RIF (I have a copy of the form that my wife signed)
d) Left a message for the branch rep to call me
Before we began the process I had told my wife that it would be harder than need be, but this is ridiculous.
oxymoronic marketers pitch: "... and make ads more relevant"