TD Direct Investing (was Waterhouse) Service

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
gsp_
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: TD Direct Investing (was Waterhouse) Service

Post by gsp_ »

Keep getting booted out of WebBroker.

"Our servers are overloaded due to the RRSP deadline".
adrian2
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by adrian2 »

gsp_ wrote:Keep getting booted out of WebBroker.

"Our servers are overloaded due to the RRSP deadline".
Same with Advanced Dashboard.
OTOH, I have a browser tab with real time quotes which is still working since 8 am, even though other pieces I've been booted out from.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki
“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.” [Richard P. Feynman, Nobel prize winner]
long
Contributor
Contributor

Post by long »

So, the old Streaming Quotes that includes Portfolio Tracking, Level II quotes, and Watch Lists will be discontinued by March 31:
Exclusive Offer from the Globe & Mail

On March 31, 2016, the Globe & Mail will discontinue its real-time Streaming Quotes service, which includes a portfolio tracking feature that allows you to record transaction data.

To maintain access to your portfolio tracking data:
We're pleased to share that you now have the option of accessing your historical portfolio data directly from the Globe & Mail by having it transferred to the 'GlobeInvestorGOLD' (GIG) platform, their premium portfolio tracking tool. As part of this exclusive, limited-time offer, you'll receive complimentary access to GIG by subscribing to Globe Unlimited which grants you unrestricted access to theglobeandmail.com, including news articles, video and other multimedia features, for only $23.99 per month. Subscribe by March 31, 2016, and TD Direct Investing will reimburse your subscription fee until May 2016.

To subscribe, simply click on Streaming Quotes, then click ‘Go to Offer’ and follow the registration instructions. Please note that your access to Streaming Quotes will be removed as soon as your Globe Unlimited registration request is processed.

For continued access to real-time streaming data:
There's also a new way for you to access real-time streaming data for Canadian and U.S. markets. Available through WebBroker, Advanced Dashboard is a powerful streaming platform with a suite of professional-level tools and analytics. Register today and get instant access for the Connect ID(s) that you're currently using to access Streaming Quotes ? simply click on Advanced Dashboard in the navigation menu in WebBroker.

Register by March 31, 2016, and we’ll automatically transfer your Watchlists into Advanced Dashboard by April 10, 2016. If you choose not to register for Advanced Dashboard, these Watchlists will no longer be available.

We're here to help. If you have any questions, please call or visit a TD Direct Investing location. Thank you for investing with us.

For those poor souls who relied on Portfolio Tracker for taxes etc. (like myself) seems there is no other way than to pay $288 + tax a year to G&M to continue access the historic transaction data. Too bad - it *was* included in the TDDI services. Other option, with some effort, to migrate to Quicken or similar, though I was told TDDI "could not extract" and give me my data file - cvs or similar, it should be done manualy.

I was told the Level II quotes will be available free for me based on the account size. It took one or two phone calls to TDDI. To be checked since it's only a verbal message - nothing changed in the "advanced dashboard package" display.

TDDI didn't migrate my watch lists - those under the streaming quotes - to the Advanced Dashboard. From the letter above it looks as it should be done by April 10? Strange date since "streaming quotes" supposed to be stopped on March 31.

A difficult decision to make - from one hand potential hassle of moving to other brokerage with no guaranteed advantages, from other hand - unacceptable reduction in services and poor planning and execution of webbroker "upgrade" by TDDI.

Anybody made such a decision?
We learn from history that we do not learn from history
ghariton
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by ghariton »

This Web Service is currently not available. Service will be restored shortly so please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience. For further assistance, please call the EBS Helpdesk:
•From North America: 1-800-667-6299
•From outside North America, call collect: 1-416-982-6000
It was working again a few minutes later. But I really find this poor quality of service unacceptable.

George
The juice is worth the squeeze
patriot1
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by patriot1 »

Logged into TD today and found that my portfolio had taken a sharp drop, which surprised me in light of the market's direction. Turned out my Enercare shares were being valued at $0.00 due a trading halt. That halt was due to a pending acquisition announcement.

Not a great way to keep up client morale.
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

patriot1 wrote:Turned out my Enercare shares were being valued at $0.00 due a trading halt.
Surely leaving it at the last successful trade would be a better strategy with a note.
For the fun of it...Keith
timbr
Contributor
Contributor

Post by timbr »

I was surprised to find my portfolio increased by 75% :shock: yesterday according to Webroker's home page. If only it were true ... I don't see any significant change in any balances and no obvious item that might have triggered that. The balance trend graph has my assets nearly doubling!
kjmcrae
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kjmcrae »

Saw this message when logging in today:
System Availability

One of our systems is currently not available, we are working to restore full functionality. Please note that these systems undergo a regular maintenance update each night and are not available between 4:00am and 6:00am EST Mon to Saturday and between Midnight and 5:00am EST on Sunday

Alternatively you can access following services.

Self Service
More Self Service
Markets
Investments
Tools
Education
Trade Management

For further information please call 1-844-455-4505.
(I logged on at 7:47am ET. :? )
gsp_
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by gsp_ »

Just a heads up for anyone using Advanced Dashboard market depth info...

you can't trust any of the info you see on your screen right now. Some securities might be streaming while others are not and there's no way to really tell for sure on illiquid ones. Many of the market depth info is clearly way off as it doesn't match the bid/ask on watch lists. Trade at your own risk.

They are aware of the issue and are working on it but for some reason don't feel it appropriate to send a message informing their customers. Wouldn't want to reduce trade commissions I guess. :roll: Also no plans to let anyone know when it is fixed.

EDIT: Seems to be working properly now at 11:30 ET.
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

https://tddirectinvesting.adobeconnect. ... cher=false

advanced dashboard master class starting now
This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed
schmuck
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by schmuck »

The redirecting of dividend proceeds twice a month in a bunch of family accounts that took about 5 minutes to complete with the old webbroker, seems to have turned into a cumbersome chore. It not only requires inserting 7digit symbols for various HISA and money market accounts, but involves enough scrolling and clicking to drive one nuts. I found it just as easy to phone in and politely ask them to make the necessary transactions, and plan to do so in the future, at least until they make some changes or until I feel less frazzled.
The mere fact that it has become necessary for them to offer a instruction video should have sufficed to tell them that something ain't quite right here.
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

BRIAN5000 wrote:https://tddirectinvesting.adobeconnect. ... cher=false

advanced dashboard master class starting now
There were about 5-8 people on the session and he responds to direct queries on how to do something. Earnings reports not working for my watch lists yet :cry: but he wasn't able to fix it.
This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed
skepticus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by skepticus »

And this today at 11.55 eastern time.
URGENT: Order Entry in the New WebBroker

Due to a technical issue, Order Entry is currently unavailable in the new WebBroker. To ensure that your trading is not disrupted, all clients have been temporarily placed in current WebBroker.

We are committed to restoring complete functionality in the new WebBroker as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

skepticus wrote:And this today at 11.55 eastern time.
URGENT: Order Entry in the New WebBroker

Due to a technical issue, Order Entry is currently unavailable in the new WebBroker. To ensure that your trading is not disrupted, all clients have been temporarily placed in current WebBroker.

We are committed to restoring complete functionality in the new WebBroker as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.
Trying to sell some TDB8150 to cover !! Get error message below, OK LOL!!
"Mutual Fund order entry is only available in the new WebBroker. Please click here to proceed with your order.[TD.BRK.SRV.60001]"
jeremy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jeremy »

It looks like TDDI is giving their clients one free trade today only:
Offer Details:
TD Direct Investing is offering one (1) commission rebate to TD Direct Investing customers for the first "Equity Trade" filled and completed online or via mobile device on July 28th, 2016 valued at up to $9.99. The commission rebate will be provided in the currency in which the account operates (CDN or US).This offer will not rebate any options contract commissions. This offer may not be combined with any other promotional offer and may be extended, changed, or withdrawn at any time without notice.

This offer begins on Thursday, July 28th, 2016 at 9:30AM ET and ends on Thursday, July 28th, 2016 at 4:00PM ET and applies to all TD Direct Investing customers as at July 27th, 2016.

"Equity trades" includes the trading of stock shares, ETF shares, and options contracts. Commissions on options trades will be eligible for a rebate of up to $9.99 but the cost of contract will not be rebated (i.e. $1.25/contract). All Commissions are charged in the currency of the exchange.
adrian2
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by adrian2 »

jeremy wrote:It looks like TDDI is giving their clients one free trade today only
Source, please.
“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.” [Richard P. Feynman, Nobel prize winner]
pmj
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by pmj »

adrian2 wrote:
jeremy wrote:It looks like TDDI is giving their clients one free trade today only
Source, please.
In my case, a pop-up message when I logged-into WebBroker.
Peter

Patrick Hutber: Improvement means deterioration
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

pmj wrote:
adrian2 wrote:
Source, please.
In my case, a pop-up message when I logged-into WebBroker.
Mine was in the email that you see online when you're signed into your account. Called and confirmed one trade per person, so three free trades under one User ID with trading authority on two accounts . (1 + 2)

Free $30 so I did 6 trades :cry: (tax loss selling) I wonder if this was what they were hoping for. :?

Thanks for the heads up!

Wasted a morning to save $30 :oops:
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

BRIAN5000 wrote:Mine was in the email that you see online when you're signed into your account.
Mine was a pop-up when I logged in to TDDI and it was in the Messages list for the day.

Trading for the sake of $9.99 when I wasn't going to trade that day isn't something that I would do.

Interesting gesture/tactic though. Something I haven't heard of before.

ltr
Thanh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Thanh »

TD DI wrote:We can't thank you enough for being one of the greatest clients in the world

You inspire us to be better. You motivate us to take part in and give back to the community. Your financial dreams are our shared goal. And we're here to help you achieve them.

In honour of our client appreciation celebration, you will get a commission rebate, up to $9.99, on one Equity, ETF or Options trade filled in your TD Direct Investing account before 4:00 p.m. (ET) today - July 28, 2016.

So again, a million thanks from all of us. #TDThanksYou
Offer Details:

TD Direct Investing is offering one (1) commission rebate to TD Direct Investing customers for the first "Equity Trade" filled and completed online or via mobile device on July 28th, 2016 valued at up to $9.99. The commission rebate will be provided in the currency in which the account operates (CDN or US).This offer will not rebate any options contract commissions. This offer may not be combined with any other promotional offer and may be extended, changed, or withdrawn at any time without notice.
This offer begins on Thursday, July 28th, 2016 at 9:30AM ET and ends on Thursday, July 28th, 2016 at 4:00PM ET and applies to all TD Direct Investing customers as at July 27th, 2016.
"Equity trades" includes the trading of stock shares, ETF shares, and options contracts. Commissions on options trades will be eligible for a rebate of up to $9.99 but the cost of contract will not be rebated (i.e. $1.25/contract). All Commissions are charged in the currency of the exchange.

Eligibility Requirements:

To qualify for the commission rebate, trades must be entered online or through a mobile device for equity trades that have a commission charge, and must be filled by 4 p.m. ET on July 28th, 2016. The maximum number of commissionable equity trades (1), or the maximum dollar amount ($9.99) will be used to calculate the rebate, whichever comes first.
Limit of one offer per customer. In the case of a joint account, only the primary account holder will be entitled to receive the commission rebate.

Commission Rebates:

If you meet these conditions, TD Direct Investing will pay a commission rebate to your account on or before August 3, 2016.
Rebates paid to a qualified registered account are not contributions and you will not receive a tax receipt for them.
You are solely responsible for any tax consequences arising from your acceptance of this offer.
Nice ... it allowed me to sell 2 orphan shares that I had.
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

Nice ... it allowed me to sell 2 orphan shares that I had.
TDII, if you ask nicely I guess, will do this for free anytime if you have a reasonable request, like a drip not being closed off and a couple of shares bought or maybe something similar. Companies will sometimes offer a freebie to bring things to a board lot or sell them off, haven't seen one of these for a while however.
BRIAN5000
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by BRIAN5000 »

TDThanksYou Rebate
Rebate applied as advertised all three accounts :thumbsup:
Newb
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Newb »

Made the switch to TDDI yesterday from TD. The biggest drawback ive found so far are the RESPs, with TD it was broken down by child, so you could put different amount in for each child. TDDI this is not the case, you have one account for all three and any amount you put in gets split into 3 equal amounts. So how do you make a retroactive contribution specific to one child? Or have different risk allocations for a child who is closer to university?
adrian2
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by adrian2 »

Newb wrote:The biggest drawback ive found so far are the RESPs, with TD it was broken down by child, so you could put different amount in for each child. TDDI this is not the case, you have one account for all three and any amount you put in gets split into 3 equal amounts.
I very much doubt this is a rule. It depends what kind of an RESP you open, individual or family plan.
Newb
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Newb »

adrian2 wrote:
Newb wrote:The biggest drawback ive found so far are the RESPs, with TD it was broken down by child, so you could put different amount in for each child. TDDI this is not the case, you have one account for all three and any amount you put in gets split into 3 equal amounts.
I very much doubt this is a rule. It depends what kind of an RESP you open, individual or family plan.
I was told TDDI only offers the family plan.