New Kid/Old Kid on the Block (Tom Bradley / Steadyhand)

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
Inquisitive
Silver Ring
Silver Ring

Re: New Kid/Old Kid on the Block (Tom Bradley / Steadyhand)

Post by Inquisitive » 10 Feb 2016 02:21

In today's Globe,Tom Bradley describes himself as becoming "Mr.Positive", and says he is
increasing the stock weighting in our Founders Fund to an above-average level (65 per cent of assets). While earnings are likely to grow more slowly in the near term, dividend yields and valuations are attractive again (particularly when compared to fixed-income securities). Over the next five years, 7 per cent-to-9 per cent annualized returns are a reasonable expectation – 3-per-cent dividend yield, 4 per cent-to-6 per cent profit growth and P/Es bouncing around current levels.
He says he's having to talk stocks up as investor sentiment is so negative.

Inq

Peculiar_Investor
Gold Ring
Gold Ring

Post by Peculiar_Investor » 03 Feb 2017 09:33

Preaching to the (FWF) choir I know, but worth reading anyways A client manifesto for taking control of your investment portfolio - Steadyhand Investment Funds
Tom Bradley wrote:Dear adviser/money manager,

I’ve been a client for a long time. As I get closer to retirement, I realize I need to pay more attention to my money and get a better sense of how and what I’m doing. I’ve delegated most things to you, but ultimately, I’m the CEO of my portfolio. I read an article recently that used that expression and it stuck with me.

With the new fee and performance report you sent me last week, it seems like now is a good time to get started on upping my game. I’d like to schedule a meeting for later this month. Here’s some of what I’d like to cover.
Follow the link to see the questions. They are probably all familiar to many here, but maybe less so for the newer members. Good thoughts to ponder and questions to ultimately ask yourself.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

Peculiar_Investor
Gold Ring
Gold Ring

Post by Peculiar_Investor » 08 Sep 2017 07:51

Tom Bradley's blog posts are usually worth the read. Today he's announcing Posting in the Post - Steadyhand Investment Funds
Tom Bradley wrote:After working with the Globe and Mail for 11 years, I'm starting a new chapter in my writing life. Starting this week, my columns will appear every second Saturday in the National Post.

<snip>

As we've done previously, my columns will be posted on this blog the following Monday.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

bpither
Silver Ring
Silver Ring

Post by bpither » 08 Sep 2017 10:12

I met Tom when he was with PH&N and again at a False Creek luncheon in Vancouver. Although I'm a DIY stock picker with zero funds he wasn't adverse at giving free advice on my individual stock choices - and I didn't prompt him either - he seemed to really enjoy the chat (without the noise). If one doesn't have the time or serious stock picking interest I would give a look at his funds as a long term hold.
"We have two classes of forecaster: Those who don’t know and those who don’t know they don’t know.” John Kenneth Galbraith

Peculiar_Investor
Gold Ring
Gold Ring

Post by Peculiar_Investor » 09 Sep 2017 10:35

Tom Bradley's first Financial Post article has appeared, Investing is a long game, but picking the right starting point can make all the difference | Financial Post
bpither wrote:
08 Sep 2017 10:12
If one doesn't have the time or serious stock picking interest I would give a look at his funds as a long term hold.
Agreed. From everything I've read either written by him or written about him, he's one of the good guys would seems to focused primarily on the investor's best interests rather than his own. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: