CORP BONDS

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

bipendifudi wrote:So.....
All in all, is it a good deal to buy this bond if I am willing to hold to maturity??
..sigh.... :| ......sure, it's a great deal, if they don't default......how much are you willing to bet?
patriot1
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by patriot1 »

bipendifudi wrote:So.....
All in all, is it a good deal to buy this bond if I am willing to hold to maturity??
Well if it was still yielding 10.5% like when I bought it, sure. 8)

7.5% YTM? Well that's a tougher choice.

I think bond funds are a complete waste of money for A and higher rated holdings (just buy them directly), but for junk and junkish bonds you might want to look at PH&N High Yield fund. Good performance, < 1% MER, and someone else does the sweating for you. You have to fork out $25K though.
"I got a letter the other day from a woman. She said, 'I don't want government-run health care. I don't want socialized medicine. And don't touch my Medicare.'"
- Barack Obama
arthur
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by arthur »

TD Real return Bond Fund was up 10% in a year, one of the better performers and you don't need $25,000.
You want the truth, you want the truth, you can't handle the truth.

The masses have never thirsted for the truth, whoever supplies them with illusions is their master, whoever supplies them with the truth, their victim.

If you do not risk anything , you risk even more. Jong
jiHymas
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by jiHymas »

I'm howard wrote:TD Real return Bond Fund was up 10% in a year, one of the better performers and you don't need $25,000.
How is it going to do next year?
like_to_retire
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by like_to_retire »

TD Real return Bond Fund was up 10% in a year, one of the better performers and you don't need $25,000
With RRB rates at about 1.82% and the MER on this fund at 1.62%, I don't think it makes a good choice at all........

ltr
bipendifudi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bipendifudi »

YAHOO!!!
Turns out I can buy PH&N High Yld Bond with less than 25k IF I already own some other PH&N fund(s) - which I do.
So I will let these guys do the work for me!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP/INSIGHT/GENTAL THRASHIG!!!

!! cheers !!