Tangerine mutual funds 1% bribe

Discuss your favourite picks, broker, and trading or investment style.
adrian2
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Tangerine mutual funds 1% bribe

Post by adrian2 »

From a targeted offer, which may be present in the banner once you login to your Tangerine account:
Open and invest in a Tangerine Investment Fund Account by March 31, 2018, and you’ll receive a Bonus of up to $250**.

Invest at least $1,000 into a Tangerine Non-Registered Investment Fund Account, RSP Investment Fund Account, or Tax-Free Investment Fund Account, and you’ll get a Bonus of $10 for every $1,000 invested up to $25,000. That’s a total Bonus of up to $250. Your Bonus will be paid to your Account as additional units. (It won’t impact your contribution limits for registered Accounts.)

** Offer available to existing Tangerine Bank Clients who: (1) receive the Offer directly from Tangerine, and/or (2) receive a notification that they are eligible to participate in the Offer when they log in on the Bank’s website(“Eligible Clients”). The Offer applies to Eligible Accounts opened between January 2, 2018 and March 31, 2018 (the “Bonus Period”). Eligible Accounts are: a Tangerine Investment Fund Account (“Non-Registered Account”), Tangerine Tax-Free Investment Fund Account (“TFSA Account”) and Tangerine RSP Investment Fund Account (“RSP Account”). Bonus will be paid on all new purchases or sheltered transfers (“Contributions”) made to an Eligible Account during the Bonus Period. Bonus amount is $10 per $1,000 in Contributions, for Contributions of at least $1,000 up to a maximum Contribution amount of $25,000. Maximum Bonus amount is $250, with a limit of one Offer per Client. Contributions must remain invested in the Eligible Account until May 31, 2018 to be eligible for the Bonus. Bonus will be paid to the Eligible Account by June 15, 2018 as additional units of the Tangerine Investment Fund you own, and will be considered sheltered transfers not impacting your contribution limits. The Eligible Account must remain open until that date to receive the Bonus. Please note that transferring a portion or all of your TFSA or RSP funds from another institution to Tangerine Investments may result in your current financial institution charging you a fee. In addition, all CRA contribution rules apply. Full Offer Terms & Conditions are available here.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki
“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.” [Richard P. Feynman, Nobel prize winner]
optionable68
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: Tangerine mutual funds 1% bribe

Post by optionable68 »

Was hoping my MIL would get this offer as she has some cash to deploy. I assume they banned her from these offers given she only became a client less than 1 year ago. Would be nice if they provided their clients with transparency on criteria they use to make these "targeted" offers
3-time winner of FWF Annual Stock Market Predictions contest
adrian2
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by adrian2 »

optionable68 wrote: 18 Jan 2018 17:00 Was hoping my MIL would get this offer as she has some cash to deploy. I assume they banned her from these offers given she only became a client less than 1 year ago. Would be nice if they provided their clients with transparency on criteria they use to make these "targeted" offers
In our household, there are 5 Tangerine clients; 3 of them got the offer, 2 did not.
“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.” [Richard P. Feynman, Nobel prize winner]
DanH
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by DanH »

If I had posted yesterday I'd have written how insulted I am for not having received the offer. I've been a client for > 20 years. I guess it took longer for the horse and carriage to deliver to Windsor because they arrived today (both for me + my wife). We won't be taking advantage of it but I want the option ;)
optionable68
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by optionable68 »

So Mrs. Optional received the offer by mail. But no indication on the Tangerine website neither as a banner or in the Bonuses section where all the offers normally are.

Wonder if they "forget" to honour some of these bonuses ?
adrian2
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by adrian2 »

optionable68 wrote: 19 Jan 2018 18:47 So Mrs. Optional received the offer by mail. But no indication on the Tangerine website neither as a banner or in the Bonuses section where all the offers normally are.
It's not in the bonuses section, just in the banners.
bribe.jpg
optionable68
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by optionable68 »

adrian2 wrote: 20 Jan 2018 07:42 It's not in the bonuses section, just in the banners.
Interesting 4 of 4 family members did NOT receive the banner or the bonus section notification, however Mrs Optionable did receive a letter notification saying she qualifies despite no mention of it when she logs in.
adrian2
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by adrian2 »

optionable68 wrote: 20 Jan 2018 17:45
adrian2 wrote: 20 Jan 2018 07:42 It's not in the bonuses section, just in the banners.
Interesting 4 of 4 family members did NOT receive the banner or the bonus section notification, however Mrs Optionable did receive a letter notification saying she qualifies despite no mention of it when she logs in.
Maybe she clicked on the banner to "Dismiss to Insights".