CRA Refund Cheques

Income tax policy, rules, problems, strategy and software. Property and consumption taxes too.
thegov
Contributor
Contributor

CRA Refund Cheques

Post by thegov »

Does anyone know if CRA still issues refund cheques? I know they're pushing everyone over to direct deposit. But if you don't fill in the info will they issue a cheque?
I will have to file a final tax return for a non-probate will (all to spouse) and expect a refund.
However, there's no bank account for the estate.
(The particular bank equates estate accounts with probate -- internal nonsense -- but would accept cheques to the estate into the previously existing joint account which will be kept open).
Anyone know.
Thx.
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: CRA Refund Cheques

Post by AltaRed »

We just received (a few months ago) a capital loss carryback cheque for my mother's estate (from the T3 testamentary trust back to the final T1 return). I don't think CRA expects anyone to have direct deposit capability into an estate account.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
OptsyEagle
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by OptsyEagle »

They still send cheques. They just don't want to.
kcowan
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by kcowan »

They still send out letters during reassessment even when the recipient is on MyCRA. It seems that old habits die hard, or else their measurement scheme is based on paper.
For the fun of it...Keith