turbo tax issue Mac

Income tax policy, rules, problems, strategy and software. Property and consumption taxes too.
Thegipper
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

turbo tax issue Mac

Post by Thegipper »

I have completed my return and want to file it. When I get to the 1st step [paying turbo tax] it won't allow me to scroll down to complete the transaction. I have been told there is 2 hour wait for tech support. Can anyone offer any suggestion? On another point I have moved from Sk to Alberta in the summer of 2014. I notified the tax office in Winnipeg of the change in address . Is that sufficient. I look forward to usual helpful assistance. I use a Mac.
Sumaco
Contributor
Contributor

Re: turbo tax issue Mac

Post by Sumaco »

You can check & update your address at the CRA>My Account pages for your current information.
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/myaccount/

Sorry can't help on the upload problem.
--
Ignorance is where learning begins.
zinfit
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by zinfit »

Their tech support got hold of me after a 2 hour wait. Then they tried to get me to google chrome and that was a waste of time. Then the guy then asked me to skroll using the tab key and that worked. The rest was a piece of cake. My papers are labelled and filed and I am now enjoying a very good single malt on the rocks. Our tax situation will be a lot simpler in the future so that will be worth a second single malt.
zinfit
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by zinfit »

I changed my name to the Gipper because of difficulties logging in. I re registered through my outlook account. Now I am using a desk top which I seldom use and my name comes up as zinfit. We are one and the same and I hope I didn't commit a mortal sin.
Kundan Lal Rana
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kundan Lal Rana »

Thegipper wrote:I have completed my return and want to file it. When I get to the 1st step [paying turbo tax] it won't allow me to scroll down to complete the transaction. I have been told there is 2 hour wait for tech support. Can anyone offer any suggestion? On another point I have moved from Sk to Alberta in the summer of 2014. I notified the tax office in Winnipeg of the change in address . Is that sufficient. I look forward to usual helpful assistance. I use a Mac.
Quite late! But I've also seen this issue with turbotax when using Chrome. Is this issue is fixed? What about the tech support?
Thegipper
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Thegipper »

Kundan Lal Rana wrote:
Thegipper wrote:I have completed my return and want to file it. When I get to the 1st step [paying turbo tax] it won't allow me to scroll down to complete the transaction. I have been told there is 2 hour wait for tech support. Can anyone offer any suggestion? On another point I have moved from Sk to Alberta in the summer of 2014. I notified the tax office in Winnipeg of the change in address . Is that sufficient. I look forward to usual helpful assistance. I use a Mac.
Quite late! But I've also seen this issue with turbotax when using Chrome. Is this issue is fixed? What about the tech support?
Yes I fixed it by hitting the "tab" key.
Thegipper
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Thegipper »

Encountered similar problem paying my Turbo Tax bill. Solved it by logging into a second computer. Trying to fill your return with the data from CRA is a scary thing. I had one look at what was showing up and I cancelled it and manually entered the tax slip info. I filed for myself and my spouse . I owe CRA $5500 and my wife gets a $4700 refund. The program says I owe $800 which is the difference between the two. Do I pay CRA $5500 OR $800?
AltaRed
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by AltaRed »

Since our tax system is based on individual filings, and processed separately, and NOAs issued separately, I'd treat the payment owing and refund as two separate things. IOW, pay the $5500.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki The go-to place to bolster your financial freedom
pmj
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by pmj »

There was a time when one could ask CRA to credit one spouse's refund to the other's account. 20+ years ago?
But now that refunds arrive so quickly, it's no big deal, cash flow wise, to wait for the refund before paying the bill.
Peter

Patrick Hutber: Improvement means deterioration
Thegipper
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Thegipper »

I made my tax payment through my CRA account. It was a fairly easy process.
Thegipper
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Thegipper »

My after nettle experience was very good. Received the notice assessments in 10 days and the payment and my wife's refund went through without a hitch. The Turbo Tax also took my wife 2016 capital losses and applied them to her 2014 return. The refund came through promptly. I sure like the on line CRA account.
2 yen
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by 2 yen »

Thegipper wrote: 09 Mar 2017 22:57 Encountered similar problem paying my Turbo Tax bill. Solved it by logging into a second computer. Trying to fill your return with the data from CRA is a scary thing. I had one look at what was showing up and I cancelled it and manually entered the tax slip info. I filed for myself and my spouse . I owe CRA $5500 and my wife gets a $4700 refund. The program says I owe $800 which is the difference between the two. Do I pay CRA $5500 OR $800?
The CRA automatic download to Turbo Tax is a waste of time at this point. It never reflects reality. Tech is good for some things and a complete waste of time for others. The skill is determining which event is good for the tech side of things.

2 yen