New Investment Tracking Tool

Asset allocation, risk, diversification and rebalancing. Pros/cons of hiring a financial advisor. Seeking advice on your portfolio?
deaddog
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Re: New Investment Tracking Tool

Post by deaddog »

Is there some place that gives the percentage of the portfolio that each position make up. In the ETF portfolio I gave you each position started at 25% of the portfolio. It would be interesting to see where each position was today.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days" RW Hubbard
PhrasingWeb
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PhrasingWeb »

deaddog wrote: 10 Nov 2017 17:24 Is there some place that gives the percentage of the portfolio that each position make up. In the ETF portfolio I gave you each position started at 25% of the portfolio. It would be interesting to see where each position was today.
Hey deaddog,

Definitely agree that is good data to have.

At the moment you can visually see the weightings of each individual holding by viewing the Equity Performance heat map on the Portfolio X-Ray page. The size of the box of each equity represents its total size relative to that portfolio.

With that said our developers have updated this chart to show the actual percentage values (when hovering your mouse over them) and also explicitly included those values in the table on the bottom of the X-Ray page - these changes are still being tested for bugs though and have not quite been pushed to the Production server.

We are still working to troubleshoot your other question and hope to have an answer soon.

Thanks!
deaddog
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by deaddog »

FYI:

Opened web page to see if you have made any progress.

The ads came thru but very little data. What did show up was suspect. No graphs at all.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days" RW Hubbard
PhrasingWeb
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PhrasingWeb »

deaddog wrote: 20 Nov 2017 15:52 FYI:

Opened web page to see if you have made any progress.

The ads came thru but very little data. What did show up was suspect. No graphs at all.
Hey deaddog,

We've been working on the identified issues. We have made the tough decision that the market value chart performance was too inconsistent and so we are working on a full re-write. There are some minor variances in the rate of return table with mixed currencies that will be resolved soon (doesn't typically cause large variation but we still want to improve). We're confident in other numbers represented in the dashboard, but if you are still seeing the concerns with rate of return on the demo Canadian ETF portfolio you had talked about we will dig into that.

We have also fixed the following issues users have identified including:
- include % of portfolio for each holding on heat map popup
- sorting issues on some tables for %`s and mixed currencies
- open Zendesk in new tab when looking for user guides
- fixed registration to save proper login info

As always, thanks for the feedback and patience! We hope you will continue to provide feedback as we work to improve the product. If you're intetested, we're working on posting our updates on twitter as well. You can find us @realStockers
PhrasingWeb
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PhrasingWeb »

Hey Investors,

We had some great interest from this forum last fall, and wanted to let you know we've been hard at work over the last month's on stability and speed improvements along with some feature improvements. We've also worked hard to re-assess our model and are happy to say that you can check out the full site now for FREE!

All users can now enjoy:
  • Unlimited portfolios
  • Unlimited stocks/etfs in each portfolio
  • Public and private sharing of portfolios
  • Google Portfolio import (can import any list of transactions following that format)
We've made great strides on improving user experience with greatly improved speeds and data reliability. If you're interested in a new option for tracking your investments, try us out at:

https://stockers.ca

Or if you want a sample, you can check out our public stock search page (no account required) at https://stockers.ca/stocks/search to preview the clean, simple interface we're striving for.