Someone to help with tax efficiencies

Asset allocation, risk, diversification and rebalancing. Pros/cons of hiring a financial advisor. Seeking advice on your portfolio?
r_chi
Newcomer
Newcomer

Someone to help with tax efficiencies

Post by r_chi »

Hello all,

I have been working on maxing out my RRSP and TFSA for the past few years. I am getting close! I would like to know where I would turn to for information about how to make my portfolio tax efficient once I start investing in non-registered. I am looking for a holistic review of my portfolio. Would that be a financial planner, an account or someone else?

I am located in downtown Toronto and would love referrals if you have someone you work with and like. Bonus points if they work with early retirees.

Thanks in advance!
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Someone to help with tax efficiencies

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

r_chi wrote: 23 Mar 2017 14:11 I have been working on maxing out my RRSP and TFSA for the past few years. I am getting close!
Well done!
I am getting close! I would like to know where I would turn to for information about how to make my portfolio tax efficient once I start investing in non-registered.
Would you settle for some of the collective knowledge of FWF'ers? If so, have you read our (your) wiki article -- Tax-efficient investing - finiki, the Canadian financial wiki. I'd suggest starting there and then continue to ask your specific questions on this topic.
I am looking for a holistic review of my portfolio.
How about using My Portfolio: Seeking Advice as a template.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams