B.C. Training and Education Savings Grant (BCTESG)

Asset allocation, risk, diversification and rebalancing. Pros/cons of hiring a financial advisor. Seeking advice on your portfolio?
aloe
Newcomer
Newcomer

B.C. Training and Education Savings Grant (BCTESG)

Post by aloe »

I have just phoned TD Direct Investing about BCTESG and were told that they didn't have this program. I have no ideas about who offers this. Have anyone here had successfully applied or had more info?

The official BCTESG website is http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/educa ... ings-grant.
jeremy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: B.C. Training and Education Savings Grant (BCTESG)

Post by jeremy »

Good question. I see that TD is planning to support that grant eventually: http://www.td.com/to-our-customers/tdhe ... =c002ca878

I'm not sure if that will include TDDI and/or TD mutual funds; they only offered the Alberta grant to GIC/term deposit RESPs.
Transformer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Transformer »

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Sent it off to my kids to see how it might apply to my grandchildren.
aloe
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by aloe »

I sent an email to Canada Education Savings Program and got the following response:

"Each promoter can decide to participate or not in offering the BCTESG. Currently, Central 1 Credit Union is the only promoter officially offering BCTESG. Contact the nearest credit union for more details or visit the following website http://creditunionsofbc.com/. Other promoters have expressed interest; however, the process has not yet been completed for any others. For more information on the promoters who may eventually offer it you must contact them directly."
jeremy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jeremy »

Thanks for the update. Hopefully more promoters will start offering the grant in the next few months.
jeremy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jeremy »

It looks like this list of RESP promoters now indicates which ones offer BCTESG. Currently, there are only two such promoters.
minimalist
Contributor
Contributor

Post by minimalist »

Of note, BMO Bank of Montreal (Branch) and Qtrade offer the BCTESG.

I'm waiting for BMOIL to come onboard. In the meantime, I'll invest the 1200 at the BMO branch level and transfer to BMOIL possibly in the future.
jeremy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jeremy »

It looks like TD is finally offering the BCTESG but only in their term deposit RESP accounts.
cnicole
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cnicole »

My sister has it at coast capital savings.
daryls
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by daryls »

I know that Knowledge First Financial offers the BCTESG as well http://info.knowledgefirstfinancial.ca/ ... ngs-grant/ My brother has an account with them.
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

daryls wrote:I know that Knowledge First Financial offers the BCTESG as well http://info.knowledgefirstfinancial.ca/ ... ngs-grant/ My brother has an account with them.
First things first. Welcome to FWF.

That said, you are new here and you've made two posts linking that site. It is normal etiquette here to disclosure if you've got any financial relationship to the website, particularly important for newcomers.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Pickles
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Pickles »

daryls wrote:I know that Knowledge First Financial offers the BCTESG as well [urlsnip[/url] My brother has an account with them.
Sniff, sniff, sniff. Could you possibly be the Daryl Shriver the financial shill who has been promoting Knowledge First all over the internet? I think you are. It's amazing what a simple google can expose....

Shame on you, Daryl. Knowledge First must be in bad shape if it has to have people scrounge around financial forums, pretending to be jus' folks, while name dropping testimonials. Pretty slimy work. Get lost (imho).
Regards,
Pickles
daryls
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by daryls »

C'mon guys, :oops: what can I say. They're a good company who have good people. I won't go on any further about them, but I do have a lot of information that could be useful to the forum members if someone is interested. :thumbsup:
Pickles
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Pickles »

I'm sure people here will give your endorsement the attention and weight it deserves. :roll:
Regards,
Pickles
flywaysuzy
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by flywaysuzy »

The 38 credit unions in BC also offer the grant.
suzy