2017 Bogleheads Conference

Non financial topics: autos; computers; entertainment; gatherings; hobbies; sports and travel.
Koogie
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

2017 Bogleheads Conference

Post by Koogie »

Just curious if anyone is going. Would attendees at previous years conferences consider it worthwhile ?

I've always been curious to hear Mr. Bogle speak and a lot of the other speakers are very interesting too.
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2017 Bogleheads Conference

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

Beating LadyGeek to the punch, the announcement of the conference -- 2017 BOGLEHEADS CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT - Bogleheads.org
We are pleased to announce that our 2017 Bogleheads® Conference will be held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with check-in starting at 2PM on Wednesday, October 18, 2017. The meeting will end around 1:30PM on Friday, October 20, 2017.
I've been to one and thoroughly enjoyed it, so yes it is worthwhile.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Koogie
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by Koogie »

Man, sold out in 27 hours. You don't get long to ponder on it.
LadyGeek
Veteran Contributor
Veteran Contributor

Post by LadyGeek »

I think that quick sell-out was totally unexpected.

I'll be attending this year.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Peculiar_Investor
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peculiar_Investor »

If any FWF'ers attended it might be useful to the rest of the community if you could share your learnings/thoughts.

Over on the Bogleheads forum, a couple of topics of discussion cover the 2017 Conference, see here, BOGLEHEADS 2017 VIDEOS and J. Clements: Jack's Comments at 2017 Bogleheads Conference as examples. The BH wiki also contains information and links under the Bogleheads® 16 - Philadelphia heading.
Imagefiniki, the Canadian financial wiki New editors wanted and welcomed, please help collaborate and improve the wiki.

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams